Monday 17 August 2015

Review: Gosh Matte Lipstick Collection

Welcome back to Day 2 of Lip Product week. This collection of lipsticks which were released a few weeks back were from a brand that I've never tried before. However they were matte and had a couple of cracking reds in there so I had to try them. And I've been blown away by them.

They are the Gosh Velvet Touch Matte Lipsticks and for a high street brand I'm totally impressed. Unlike some matte lipsticks in the bullet these have a high shine to them which made me wonder if they would actually be matte or if it was a spin on their older, sheen finish lipsticks. Oh how wrong was I. The initial swatches dried matte and didn't budge on the back of my hand for the rest of the day. And the same can be said when worn on the lips. I can apply these in the morning and 6/7 hours later they haven't smudged, faded or worn away at all. Unlike most these are creamy to apply and non drying on the lips, making them comfortable to wear through long days. There are a few lip liners to match most of the colours but I find wearing a liner underneath makes them drying and you end up with flaky lips at the end of the day.


There are eight shades in total and there are only 3 I don't really see suiting me which is brilliant for a new collection. My favourite shades are 008 Plum, 002 Rose and 007 Cherry. Plum is a beautiful dark purply shade that come autumn/winter will look amazing. Rose is a gorgeous mid toned pink a shade that I seemed to be finding in abundance at the moment. And Cherry is what looked like a dark almost oxblood red but really is more of a blue toned red like MAC's Russian Red but I'm not complaining. Antique, Baby Lips and Coral are the three shades I don't think will suit me as I am so fair in skintone. However Antique is one I'm willing to give a go because if it's as chocolately as it looks in the bullet may work with my skintone.

Overall I'm really impressed with these new releases from Gosh. I've never tried anything from the range before these but I have to say I'm looking forward to trying more if they're the same quality as these. Opaque, creamy, long wearing and non drying, these lipsticks are probably the best matte lipsticks on the high street at the moment. If you're near a Gosh stand I highly recommend you give these a swatch.

Available from Superdrug

No comments:

Post a Comment