Thursday 3 November 2016

Review: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleanser

When I first saw this on the shelf in Boots I paid it no attention. I already had my Holy Grail cleansers, so why did I need another one. But then I was browsing one day and saw it was on offer which meant that it fell into my basket and that it came home with. It's one of those purchases I'm glad I made because it has replaced a holy grail cleanser and been used everyday since I brought it.

This is unlike any other cleanser on the market at the moment. Instead of being a cream cleanser like so many on the market this is a water gel based formula. It means it comes out more of a gel and creates a foam on the face but simultaneously hydrates the skin at the same time. It's a very light cleanser that whilst foams on the face doesn't feel like it's drying the skin out or blocking pores. It contains Hyaluronic Acid which means it's replenishing skin's hydration levels whilst cleaning away make up, dirt and grime. It's the perfect cleanser for no make up days or as a second cleanse.

As someone with sensitive skin when I saw this foam on the face I was a bit dubious. I thought it would cause my skin to breakout or dry out. However because of the Hyaluronic Acid it doesn't dry the skin out. It actually creates the perfect canvas for the rest of your morning or evening skincare routine. It means that any skincare product you put on that is supposed to moisturise or hydrate the skin, even ones that contain more Hyaluronic Acid will be absorbed deeper into the skin and skin will smoother, softer and hydrated for longer.

Overall this is brilliant cleanser for all skin types. It won't affect people with oily skin or people with sensitive skin and it'll definitely be a brilliant cleanser for those with dry skin. A couple of pumps goes a long way and the feel of skin afterwards is amazing. It's probably the best my skin has felt after using a high street cleanser as a second cleanse. It's a bit pricier than some products but it's worth the money as a little bit goes a long way and isn't something you'll have to be repurchasing every two to three weeks. Definitely a winner in my eyes and one I'd recommend checking out when you're in your local Boots next.

No comments:

Post a Comment