Sunday 20 November 2016

GRWM: Happy Birthday To Me


Last week was I turned 24 (the 17th) and spent the day out shopping with my mumma. So I thought today I'd share the make up look I did for the day with you.

Prime: To prime my skin I went in with the Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water. This is very lightweight, moisturising and nourishing. I pat this into my skin before going in with a little bit of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer down the centre of my face. This helps blur the look of any enlarged pores I have and makes sure to lock anything I put over the top into place.

Base: For base I went in with my favourite Dior Star Foundation. This is very full coverage but allows skin to still look like skin without looking cakey. The shade Ivory is perfect for my complexion and blends seamlessly. I love how long this lasts on my skin and how even after a few good hours this still looks flawless. I use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to buff this into the skin. It's such a wide topped brush that it blends everything in seamlessly.

Conceal: Under my eyes I popped a little (a lot) of the Maybelline The Eraser Eye concealer. This is brilliant at covering my panda eyes and isn't too heavy or cakey. I bop this in with my damp beauty blender and take any excess over my eye lids to cover any veiny-ness I have. Then I take my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer to cover any redness that may be peeking through and to add a bit of highlight to the under eye area. This is also bopped in with my damp beauty blender, which I then take all over the face to make sure everything is blended in.

Set: To set everything into place I go in with my trusty Collection Pressed Powder in Ivory. This powder is perfect for setting both the under eye area and the whole face. I take my Real Techniques Setting Brush and pat it into place, patting it instead of brushing it helps with creasing and making concealer last longer. Then I take my B Beauty Powder Brush and sweep it down the centre of my face and along the edges. I don't take powder over my cheeks as it usually ends up looking cakey.

Brows: For brows I just swept a spoolie through them to give them a brush and remove any foundation that may have gotten in there. Then I just popped a bit of Benefit's Gimme Brow through them and left it at that.

Eyes: Eyes-wise I gave my lashes a good curl. I find these Wilkinson's eye lash curlers to curl my lashes better than any other curler I've tried before. Once my lashes are as curled as I want them to be, I popped a couple of coats of the Loreal Miss Hippie Mascara on. I love the amount of fanned out volume this gives my lashes whilst looking natural and clump free.

Lips: I lined my lips with this MUA lip liner in Caramel Nougat. This a paler nude than I'd normally wear but there's something about it that I really like. I was going to wear it on it's own but at the last minute I added the Rosie For Autograph lipstick in Silk Rose. This has a reddish undertone to it so added a bit more depth to the liner. These lipsticks are creamy, highly pigmented and long lasting without being drying. Some of my favourites to wear.

Setting Spray: To make sure everything stayed in place I set everything in place with the Barry M Matte Finish Setting Spray. This fine mist is lightweight, mattifying and helps to remove any cakey-ness from the face. A couple of spritzs of this and my face is locked into place.

Outfit: Clothes wise I went with my black skinny jeans from Primark. These are so soft and comfortable I could live in them, plus their high waisted so they suck me in right where I need them to. I paired them with my extra fluffy jumper from Primark which has the most stunning cut out at the back. A pair of converse along with my tan saddle bag and I was ready for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment