Tuesday 8 November 2016

Updated Morning Routine

When it comes to skincare there aren't many products that work for me longer than a few months. I usually end switching things up and seeing if a different combination of products work better for my skin. Lately though I've had a set few products that haven't changed in how they work with my skin and haven't had to be swapped out with something else.

When it comes to morning cleansers I only have one that I religiously go to. That is the Clean and Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion. It's been my morning cleanser for the last decade and never has it stopped giving me the same results. It's an almighty cleanser that removes all signs of last night's make up, dirt, grime and any sweat from sleep. A lot of people say it's too drying for everyday use as it contains Salicylic Acid which can dry skin out. However if you use this in conjunction with hydrating products then there will be no problems. I pop some of this onto a cotton pad and wipe it over my face, avoiding the eye area. It wakes skin up whilst it cleanses, leaving skin feeling refreshed and awake. I've lost count of how many bottles of this I've used in the last ten years.

If my skin is feeling a bit out of wack whether due to hormones or a bad reaction to a mask or treatment I then go in with a bit of this B Essence Lotion. It contains Allatonin that is brilliant at soothing any blemishes, breakouts, irritation or reactions. A little bit of this goes a long way and it locks in soothing properties whilst also locking in skin's hudration. Pop a bit of this between your hands and then pat it on the face like a man would do with aftershave. Skin will instantly feel soothed and refreshed. It also helps reduce the look and feel of any texture on the face so if you have issues with exfoliants or treatments containing Glycolic Acid then this will work just as well.

Once that's soaked into the skin I take my Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer and spritz it liberally across my face. This works in the same way as the essence lotion but has just a couple more calming properties that help reduce the appearence of any redness on my face. It's an all natural product so if you have extremely sensitive skin then this won't cause you any issues. This can be used in place of the essence lotion but I like to do both steps to make sure my skin calms down before I apply any serum or moisturiser.

For ages I believed the Garnier Moisture Bomb Day Cream wouldn't suit my skin but when every other serum wasn't working for me I gave this a go. I was lucky enough to have this gifted to me from a friend but would definitely recommend picking it up when in your local Boots next. It contains Hyaluronic Acid and Pomergranite Extract which locks moisture into place and slowly releases it throughout the day. It has a slightly runnier consistency than most serums but it just means that it absorbs quicker into the skin. You barely need to rub this into skin as it sinks right in. Definitely a favourite if you have dry to dehydrated skin.

 Then it's time for SPF and I absolutely love the Hawaiian Tropic Facial SPF. This has an SPF of 30 and has quite a few moisturising properties. This is oil free, non greasy and suitable for sensitive skin. It's got a very nice blurring effect on the skin and will give skin a perfected look once it's soaked in. One pump of this is enough to make sure everywhere on my face is covered and I don't have to worry about any sun damage on my skin. I've gone through a ton of these as it's the only SPF that hasn't broken me out.

And the last part of my routine is eye cream. I've tried so many different eye creams but none of them have worked as well as the Olay Total Effects Eye Cream. This is a very light cream that helps reduce the signs of ageing as well as smoothing and hydrating the unde rye area. It's helped reduce the look of my dark circles amazingly and really helps wake me up in the morning. I like to pat this all along the under eye area and over my eyelid to make sure they're totally covered.

That's it for my morning skincare routine. For some it may seem like a lot of products but everyday use means that it's ultra quick and easy for me in the morning. I don't see any of these products being swapped out anytime soon but if they do, you'll be able to see their replacments over on my Instagram or Snapchat.

No comments:

Post a Comment