Tuesday 22 November 2016

What I Got For My Birthday

If you read Monday's post then you'll know it was my birthday last week. I've already shown you my look for the day so today I thought I'd share with you what I got for my birthday. A quick disclaimer though, this is not me showing off. This is just me sharing what my family was so kind to buy me and hope that if you're struggling for gift ideas it'll give you some help.

According to my mum I'm very hard to buy for this year. So after weeks of me saying I don't know, she went practical and just brought me a couple of bits she knew I wouldn't buy myself as I've had other things to buy (cough Christmas cough). And as I am a big Disney fan, she ever so kindly brought me a couple of their new releases that I hadn't had time to pick up yet. I got Zootropolis and the Good Dinosaur, both of which I've heard are very good. I can't wait to snuggle up with Stanley the cat and a coffee and enjoy these.

My mum also brought me an iTunes card as yet again it was something I needed to pick up but hadn't gotten around to it. It means I can now pick up the new Little Mix album which is brilliant. I highly recommend giving it a listen when you can.

There is a theme this year to what I recieved. Yet again as they didn't know what else to get me, my step-dad brought me a HMV gift card. If you didn't know I'm a huge movie and tv lover. When I can I pick up the latest film releases or the latest boxset of my favourite TV shows. I'm going to save this until after Christmas to use and then spoil myself in the January Sales.

My nan also struggled to find something to buy me so she gave me twenty pound. Bless her, she apologised for not giving a lot but I'm not worried about that. I wouldn't have be bothered if she hadn't put anything in though, a card would have been enough. I haven't decided what I want to use it for yet. If any of you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. I may just put it towards a nice jumper or a pair of Winter boots.

I know it's not the norm but I treated myself to a couple of things as a birthday present to myself. The first thing I brought was a full sized bottle of the Dior Star Foundation. I've been using a sample of this and absolutely loved it, so thought I'd treat myself to a full sized bottle as a present.

And I also picked up this lip combo from New Look. They've recently re-released their beauty range and added a few lines as well. When I saw this matte lipstick I knew I had to have it. It's in the shade Mulberry and is a gorgeous looking berry toned shade. It's perfect for this time of the year and paired with the matching lip liner which I also picked up I think it's going to make a beautiful statement lip. I will be getting more of these lipsticks so keep your eyes peeled for a review at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment