Thursday 15 March 2018

3 Things I Do To Unwind

 
The last week has been stressful to say the least and I've just needed some me time. Which got me thinking, what kind of things do I always turn to when I need to unwind and relax after a stressful or particularly hard day. So today I'm sharing with you the three things I do when I want to unwind and relax.

1- Get Comfy
Nothing says unwinding after a long day than getting comfy. To me that means make up off, hair in a pineapple, no bra and in the comfiest pjs I can find. At the moment I'm loving these Aladdin pjs from Primark. They're just the right mix of cosy and cute without being too flimsy or gaudy like a lot of character pjs can. Plus Aladdin is my all time favourite Disney movie so any excuse to wear them is welcome. And occasionally if I'm not feeling too lazy, I'll put on a sheet mask to give my skin a pamper as I make a myself a cuppa and get settled for the rest of the night.


2- Hobbies and Passions
Nothing destresses me like my myriad of passions. So once I've washed the day off, given my skin some TLC and dressed appropriately, I attempt to get some work done on the blog before I indulge in a passion or two. This can be anything from baking to reading a book or snuggling up to watch a film or catch up on the latest show I'm watching. At the moment I'm currently working my way through all the Marvel movies in preparation for Infinity War which releases next month and whilst I'm not indulging in my love of Marvel, I'm trying to get into both Riverdale and Rick and Morty. So far I'm not sure on both but am going to keep watching in hopes I like it as much as the people who recommended them to me do.

3- Baths/Hot Chocolate/YouTube
And the last way I find helps me unwind after a long day is a long soak in the bath accompanied by a large mug of hot chocolate and a good old catch up on my YouTube Watch Later list. I always feel so much calmer, relaxed and less stressed once I've had a good long soak in the tub. And when I do this, I load my bath full of relaxing oils, bath bombs, bath salts and tons of bubble bath. It may seem a lot but it just makes it feel so much more luxurious and that in itself is calming and relaxing to me. They've also been perfect for warming up after that horrid cold snap we had towards the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment