Wednesday 28 March 2018

What I Read: March

       
Welcome back to another What I Read. Last month I let myself down by only reading two books but this month I managed to whizz through three amazing books that I couldn't put down. 

             
The Last Piece Of My Heart- Paige Toon
This book was one I tried to get finished in time for What I Read: Febraury but alas didn't manage to. However I did manage to finish this very early on in March. I devoured this book, I couldn't put it down. It revolves around a travel writer who is drafted in to finish the work of a bestselling novelist who recently passed away. On top of that she's also having to deal with having a long distance relationship that she's having second thoughts about as well as trying to impress with a blog about reclaiming the pieces of her heart from her exes. Throw on top of that her ever growing attraction to the novelists widower and you've got yourself a page turning that you won't be able to put down. I love Paige Toon's work already and this was just another amazing story from her. She has a way of creating scenes that are so easy to picture in your head and her characters are realistic and relatable which in turn makes you want them to do well I definitely am going to go back and re-read some of her other works if they're all as good as this. 

                           
The List- Joanna Bolouri
The next book I read this month was one I enjoyed but I also found a little disappointing. The List follows a young woman who after splitting with her ass of an ex decides she wants to become more sexually adventurous and creates a list of ten things she wants to try before the years out. Soon enough she's enlisted the help of her best friend and you can all guess how that ends. Throw in a reappearance from her ex and you've got yourself a humorous drama filled novel that had me up till the small hours reading. However as much as I enjoyed this, I was also a little disappointed. From the reviews on the front and the back, I thought this was going to be a little cheekier, a little saucier than it actually was. Now I'm not asking for a Fifty shades style novel but something with a little more sass, a little more sauce, especially given how the book was advertised, written up as. 

                            
Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe- Jenny Colgan 
And the final book I read this month is probably my favourite. Meet Me At the Cupcake Cafe is the story of a young woman who's passion is baking but she's stuck in a boring office job. Until she's made redundant and her dreams of owning her own little cafe can come true. That being said there is your fair share of drama and ups and downs but throughout the whole story you'll be rooting for her and her cafe. I loved this book, it was heartwarming, it was funny and I couldn't put it down. I believe there are more in this series of books which I've put onto my to read list and can't wait to read if they're half as good as this one was. 
     
      

No comments:

Post a Comment