Monday 2 April 2018

Spring Lip Edit

                         
I'd love to start this post talking about how the weathers warming up meaning Springs on it's way but as I write this there is snow on the ground and a cold snap that calls for nothing but pj days and copious amounts of hot chocolate. That all being said, today I'm going to be talking you through some of my lip choices for the peeks of Spring weather we've been getting here and there.


                           
Rosie For Autograph in Silk Cami 
The first lipstick that I've been wearing a lot and is perfect for Spring is Silk Cami from Marks and Spencer's. Part of the Rosie For Autograph collection, this lipstick is creamy, comfortable and long wearing. It's looks like your standard nude shade in the bullet but when it's on the lips there is a slight peach undertone running through it that warms up both the shade and your complexion. And because of that undertone, it's perfect for a multitude of skintones including those with extremely fair tones. 

                            
Rosie For Autograph in Camisole Blush 
Another Rosie For Autograph lipstick that's perfect for Spring is the shade Camisole Blush. It's a muted pale pink shade that looks gorgeous on its own but also looks great when mixed with slightly darker shades. And because it's more of a satin finish it's a lot more comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. And the best bit about these lipsticks is that they don't budge, you can easily eat or drink with minimal transfer. 

                             
Rosie For Autograph in Rosie Lips 
And the last lipstick from Rosie For Autograph that I can't get enough of is the shade Rosie Lips. This is brighter shade than the previous two, with gorgeous raspberry undertones. Normally I wouldn't wear brighter shades that weren't matte but because these have more of a satin finish, it doesn't look as bad as I think they look. And again it's got minimal transfer when eating and drinking and reapplication is a dream. 

                          
Maybelline Color Sensational Matte in Smoky Rose 
A matte finish shade that I'd completely forgotten I had until I reshuffled my collection for Spring is this one from Maybelline. Called Smoky Rose, this is a pretty peachy pink shade that has a nude undertone  which won't wash you out if you have a fairer complexion. It's a creamy matte formula; that stays in place, but doesn't dry lips out or leaves them feeling powdery and crumbly. It does transfer slightly but reapplication isn't a struggle with it's creamy formula. 

                           
NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar 
As you can see there is a slight theme in the shades I've been loving recently. Whipped Caviar from NYX is no different. It's a peachy pink shade that has a nude undertone which makes it easier to wear for fairer skintones. It's creamy but won't slip, slide or smudge easily with minimal transfer if you eat or drink. As far as matte finishes go, this is one of the more forgiving finishes. It's creamy but will stay in place for as long as you want it to but it won't dry lips out or turn powdery and crumbly. 

                            
NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Exotic 
And again my next choice is a peachy shade that suits a mutiltude of skintones, including fair complexions. It's one of the trickier shades to wear but with enough prep beforehand it can look gorgeous. The NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick is your typical liquid lipstick formula. It's thin enough to layer but because it dries down to more of a powdery matte finish, it's not advisable to layer it. However on the lips it's gorgeous, it's bold but still understated and is guaranteed to get you a ton of compliments. 

                           
Stila Stay All a Day Liquid Lipstick in Aria
Another liquid lipstick that I envisioning looking gorgeous throughout the Spring is the shade Aria from Stila. It's a bit of a hybrid shade with tones of pink and purple running throughout. It's not the usual colour I'd reach for during Spring but something's been really drawing me to it. It's again your standard liquid lipstick but these do generally last all day without crumbling or fading. It is a shade that does require a bit of work though as it can look patchy if you apply too much in one area. However if you apply this in thin layers then you won't have any trouble getting an highly pigmented, long wearing, gorgeous shade. 

                            
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Sogno 
Another Stila liquid lipstick I love for this time of year is their shade Sogno. It's a cool toned brown shade that works well with my fairer complexion and doesn't wash me out like other similar shades do. It's long wearing, comfortable and works perfectly as an everyday lip colour that doesn't budge. I especially love pairing it with khaki as it really plays well with it and with my skin tone. 

                             

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina 
A classic shade from Stila which is not only the perfect everyday shade but gorgeous for Spring is Patina. And again it's long wearing, comfortable to wear and it doesn't go crumbly or flaky even if your lips aren't in the best condition. I luckily have three of these little sample sized tubes in my collection, meaning I don't have to worry about running out anytime soon which is good considering how often I wear it. 

                                
Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink in Ruler
A liquid lipstick of sorts that's not only been my go to shade since it's release but is the perfect pink for Spring comes from Maybelline. Their SuperStay Matte Ink in the shade Ruler is that perfect mix of raspberry pink alongside a more muted pink tone. It suits a whole host of skintones, especially fairer tones. And I call it a liquid lipstick of sorts as it applies and lasts as long as a liquid lipstick but it doesn't dry down to your traditional liquid lipstick finish. It still has a slight tackiness to it that makes it more comfortable to wear and allows you to extend the wear of your lip colour without worrying if it's going to crumble or crack at all. And it doesn't transfer. I can easily and happily eat greasy burgers or a meal and this won't transfer in the slightest. It's a godsend for long days and meals where you don't want to be worrying about retouching your lipstick throughout the day. 

                                 
Milani Amour Matte Lip Cream in Precious
And the last lip colour I want to feature in this edit, is one I didn't think I'd be featuring as my first impressions of this weren't as good as I hoped. However on rediscovering it, I've fallen in love with it. Milani's Amour Matte Lip Cream in the shade Precious a gorgeous peachy pink shade, that really warms up fairer skintones as well as looking gorgeous on deeper complexions. It's mousse like in texture and doesn't leave lips feeling zapped of moisture when it dries down. It doesn't last as long as I'd like it to but I think a lot of that is due to the formula. However reapplication is easy for which I don't mind if it transfers a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment