Friday 6 April 2018

Spring GRWM

                       
I'd love to say that this look comes from being inundated by Spring and a slightly warmer turn in weather but in reality I've just been recreating this look in an attempt to brighten up the horrendously grey and rainy days that seem to be never ending. 

Over the last few weeks I've had some trouble with my skin. My redness has been more pronounced than normal, I've had breakout after breakout and nothing I do makes my dark circles look any less horrific than they are. However as I write this my skin has cleared up considerably and I put it down to being extremely on it with my skincare, which is where we're starting today. 


                        
There are three product I believe have helped and as I want my skin to look as good as possible today I'm starting with those. When I've cleansed my face I go in with a cotton pad soaked in Pixi's Glow Tonic to tone, brighten and boost skins radiance. And it's 5% Glycolic Acid formula means it also improves my skin texture, allowing foundation to sit better on the skin. Then after a spritz of facial spray I go in with the Loral Hydra Genius, it's a nothing more than Hyaluronic Acid and Aloe Wafer but it hydrates skin all day long without being too heavy or greasy feeling. And then it's time to try and do something with my dark circles. And that's where the Optimum Ice Wine Eye Cream comes in. It's metal applicator not only distributes product nicely but helps calm, cool and reduce any signs of puffiness, making me look more awake than I feel. 


                        
Prime
If you've been around a while you won't be surprised by my primer duo of choice. I first go in with the Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water. It's lightweight and Hydrating, which not only helps prolong the wear of your make up but also hydrates skin and keeps skin looking radiant for longer. Then over the top of this I apply the Maybelline SuperStay Primer. This flesh coloured primer evens skin out and gives it a smoothed finish but also has a nice tackiness to it that adheres nicely to anything you apply over top. 


                       
Colour Correct 
Even though I've been loving the Optimum eye cream for under the eye, I still like to go in with a colour corrector to cancel out the really dark parts of my eye bags. For this I'm going in with the Collection Lasting Perfection Colour Corrector in Lemon. It really helps disguise any blue/purple tones under my eyes and makes them look brighter, even without concealer over top. I usually apply this straight from the doe foot applicator and blend it in with my finger as it seems to blend out better than with a sponge. I think it's because it's a thicker formula and the warmth from my finger really helps blend it out without removing too much product. 


                                
Foundation 
I'm using a new foundation today and I'm totally blown away by it. That's all I'm going to say about it because I've got a review coming very soon and don't want to spoil it. But today I'm using the Make Up Revolution Foundation Stick. I have it in the shade F1 and it matches my skin tone perfectly. I've never used a stick foundation before so I'm still getting to grips with it but I just draw stripes along my face and blend it in with a damp beauty blender, making sure it's evenly blended together and that the original lines of product can't be seen. This gives a medium to buildable full coverage and I can't get over how good my skin looks with this foundation. 


                         
Concealer 
Then I'm going in with a new concealer that has just blown me away. It's again coming up in a review very shortly so I'm not going to say too much. It's the Make Up Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer. I have it in C1 and again it matches my complexion perfectly. I use this mainly under the eyes as the foundation does such a good job of covering things such as redness and dark marks left from blemishes. The coverage on this concealer is insane and makes me look so much more human than my usual death warmed up look. A little goes a long way and blends out beautifully with a damp beauty blender. 


                           
Powder
I usually go ham with powder but since I've been using the Make Up Revolution duo I find I don't need as much powder as with other foundations. However for the places I do need powder I go in with my Barry M Ready Set Smooth Loose Setting Powder. With my Real Techniques Setting Brush, I dust a little of this powder under my eyes, it's enough to set everything in place but doesn't leave it looking caked on. Then for the centre and edges of my face I just dip my B Powder Brush into it and lightly dust it over my face. 

                          
Brows 
Normally I don't bother filling in my brows but recently I've not been able to get enough of filling them in. And for that I've been using my Rosie For Autograph Brow Pencil. It's soft enough to give brows a natural yet defined look but is still highly pigmented. With a light hand, I just fill in the sparse areas and give them a bit more shape, making sure to use the spoolie to brush through them to get rid of any excess foundation or product. 

                               
Lashes
Then it's onto my lashes and for that I reach for another duo that doesn't let me down. After I've curled my lashes, I go in with a coat of the Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer. It's natural looking tint makes lashes look fuller whilst giving them a volume boost which is only amplified when you add mascara. Then over top of that I apply a generous coat of the Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara. This gives my lashes the most length, volume and definition with little work. Plus it keeps the curl in place all day and doesn't droop or flake throughout the day. 

                         
Lips 
Then all that's left is lips and for that I'm going for a shade that I love for Spring/Summer. To start with I lined my lips with the Loreal Color Riche Lip Liner in 302. It's a little lighter than the lipstick but it makes it less obvious when I slightly overdraw my top lip and gives it less of a sharp edge which makes it look more natural and effortless. Once I'm happy with the shape, I then go in with my colour of choice. And today that's the Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in Rosie Lips. It's a vibrant pink shade but isn't too bubblegum pink are too blue toned. It's got a gorgeous raspberry undertone that makes it suitable for us with fairer complexions. This just glides onto the lips, is highly pigmented and doesn't budge all day; even though it's a sheen finish, making it perfect for busy days where you don't want to have yo keep obsessively reapplying your lipstick. 

                         
Setting Spray 
Now my make up is in place all that's left to do is lock it in place with a spritz of setting spray. And my setting spray of choice comes from Collection. Their Primed and Ready Make Up Fixing Spray is lightweight, non drying and actually prolongs the wear of your make up. Plus it leaves skin with a soft matte finish that helps reduce any excess dewy-ness that your foundation may have. And that's my face for the day. 

Now I'd show you an outfit but it's extremely boring as it comes in the form of my work uniform and nobody wants to be bored by that. So once I'm dressed and my hair is tamed, I move onto perfume. 

                        
Perfume 
For work usually I don't wear anything fancy perfume wise but ever since I got my Elizabeth and James Rollerballs, I haven't been able to stop wearing them. And to today I'm mixing two, chosen for their more floral scents which makes me think of Spring and to match the rosy hue of my lipstick. The first is the Nirvana French Grey and the second is Nirvana Rose. Both are feminine, classy and classic but aren't too overpowering. Plus they last all day long and are always guaranteed to gain you a compliment or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment