Monday 16 April 2018

Empties: April

                           
It's that time again. It's time I share my rubbish with strangers on the Internet. Totally normal, right? Empties are my favourite kind of types of post to read and videos to watch so my own empties post is for those like me who like to have a nosy at what people have used up or are getting rid of because they didn't like it. 

                           
I've got several bath products to share this time starting with this Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub. This is my all time favourite body scrub because it never lets me down. I've tried countless others but none of them have worked as well as this one. I go through countless pots of this but never keep them all to share in these posts because my Empites bin would be full just from them. It's scratchy enough to exfoliate where I need it to but it's not too harsh or irritating. Plus it smells absolutely divine and fills the whole bathroom with its scent, even after you've finished using it. 


                            
The next bath product I remembered to keep is this shower gel from Radox. It's not exactly my ride or die shower gel but I do love it enough to repurchase it which is rare for me with shower gel. I usually just go for those that are on offer. This however not only smells divine, leaves skin feeling clean but has s technology throughout that keeps the scent around for twelve hours which can be activated by touch. And it works, normally most shower gels don't linger on the skin scent wise but this actually does what it claims and leaves behind the most gorgeous scent that can last all day. 
   
                           
And the last bath product I have to share is the Lush ButterBear Bath Bomb. I really need to go to Lush and stock up on bath bombs as this was the last in my basket. ButterBear is a classic, containing Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter, this leaves a nourishing film over the bath water which works to look after skin, even after you've gotten out of the bath. I love the smell of these as well, it just relaxes me and even though you can't get them in bear form at the moment, I'll definitely be stocking up on the ButterBall Bath Bomb when I'm in Lush next. 

                           
Onto skincare and the majority of them you've all seen in Empties before. So let's get the ball rolling with my go to morning cleanser. The Clean and Clear Sensitive Cleansing Lotion has been my go to morning cleanser since I was a teenager. It's lightweight, doesn't irritate my skin and keeps skin feeling refreshed and awake but also clear of blemishes or any pore clogging bacteria. I go through more bottles of this than anything throughout the year and as you all know I have many on back up, so I won't bore you anymore and move onto the next empty. 

                             
Another duo of products you're used to seeing in these posts come from Liz Earle. I always have their award winning Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser in my collection as well as their Instant Skin Boost Tonic Spritzer. They are staples in my collection and since discovering them a couple of years ago I've gone through many a bottle. There's not a lot to say about them, they don't irritate my occasionally sensitive skin, soothe it if it is irritated and generally help it look clearer and softer to the touch. I need to pick up another Cleanse and Polish but already am halfway through another Instant Skin Boost. 

                               
I finished another bottle of my Loreal Hydra Genius Serum/Moisturiser. Again one you're probably all familiar with as its a firm staple in my skincare routine. My only bug bear with this product is that the tube inside doesn't quite reach the bottom so you're always left with a bit of product you can't get out. However it's a small price to pay when a product works so wonderfully with my skin. 

                                
And to follow my Hydra Genius is an empty of my everyday moisturiser. Again you've seen the Garnier Moisture Bomb Glow Enhancer Moisturiser before so you know why I love it. It works so wonderfully under make up aswell as on its own and just leaves skin looking gorgeous, glowing and hydrated. Is little pot doesn't look like much but it lasts a surprisingly long time. Yet another product I always have a back up of a back up of in my collection. 

                                 
A night serum I finished comes from Superdrug's Own Brand Simply Pure. Their Hydrating Night Serum is a richer version of their original Hydrating Serum, making it perfect for after make up removal of as a hydrating night moisturiser. Containing nothing more than Hyaluronic Acid and Allantoin, this is perfect for those with more sensitive/reactive skins. It can be worn on its own or layered under a thicker moisturiser without the worry of being too heavy or pilling. I love it that much, I've nearly finished my second bottle already. 

                           
I finished a pot of my holy grail night moisturiser from Garnier. I'm still raving about the Miracle Sleeping Cream even though it's been two maybe even three years since I started using it. Thick but not heavy, this cream works as you sleep to remove the signs of fatigue, meaning you'll wake up with hydrated, fresh looking skin even if you haven't had your full eight hours sleep. I go through numerous pots of these a year and until the market release a cream that can outdo it, I'll go through numerous more. 

                          
I went through another bottle of the Hawaiian Tropic SPF30 Face.  This is my everyday Facial SPF and it never lets me down. Lightweight, non irritating and perfect for layering under make up, this makes sure my face is protected and Casper like without weighing it down with oil or a thick heavy cream that'll most likely break me out. A little goes a long way so a bottle lasts me an age but I'll still be stock piling for Summer in case we get another heatwave and it becomes hard to find. 

                        
Again another product you're used to seeing pop up in empties posts in my go to Carmex Lip Balm. Recently I tried a couple of different balms but they really didn't agree with my lips so I've gone back to Carmex. A lot of people say it's too astringent and irritating on the lips but I find it's the only thing to soothe and moisturise my lips when they feel dry and chapped. 

                        
Onto make up and this time round there are couple of extra products that I've finally managed to finish up. The first though should be no surprise as its part of my everyday primer duo. The Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water is extremely lightweight and hydrating and adheres make up to the skin no problem. I go through a lot of these so I'm pretty sure none of you are surprised to see it here. And to go with that. 

                        
I have not one but two bottles of the Maybelline SuperStay Primer, the second half of my go to primer duo. This is lightweight, gives skin a perfected look and leaves behind a tackiness that helps make up last longer on the skin. I seem to go through more of these than I do the Barry M but I'm not going to complain as the two together are like a dream team that never let me down. I'm already halfway through another bottle of this and have a back up in my collection.

                       
I finished a bottle of foundation. It's pretty much unheard of me ever finishing a foundation but I've finished one and have a near empty one that I'll finish when I do my make up next. The Loreal Total Cover Foundation is my go to foundation when I want my skin to look flawless for a long time. A lightweight gel like texture, this has the fullest coverage I've ever worn. Yet it still lets skin breathe and feel like skin. I've worn this for a good twelve hours and it hasn't budged, just needed a little bit of powder for my t-zone. I already have another of these ready for any nights out or events when I need a bit more coverage and lasting power. 

                           
I finished a Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer. And as you eagle eyed readers may notice, there is only one in this post where normally there are two or three. That's because I've discovered two other concealers that work even better with my skin so this one has just fallen to the side. I still like this for mixing with a lighter concealer to give a highlighted look under the eye but I don't reach for it as much as I used to. 

                           
I finished two different powders. The first comes from MUA and whilst I loved the finish it gave, I didn't like going through as many as four compacts every two months. So I won't be repurchasing that again as it just didn't last as well as I expected. The second is from Barry M and is another I won't be repurchasing. Sure it gave a nice finish and didn't leave a white cast but I ended up wasting product as I just couldn't get the very last bits out. No amount of shaking, tapping or coaxing would do it. I do have another one of these on the go but after I've finished it, I won't be repurchasing again unless I can't find another decent inexpensive loose powder. 

                            
I finally finished/replaced my tube of Benefit's They're Real Tinted Lash Primer. This is my favourite lash primer not only because it gives my lashes a boost but because you can wear it on its own if you just want to give lashes a bit of definition. I have another miniature on the go but will definitely be investing in a full sized tube when that one runs out. 

                          
Another thing that is unheard of is me finishing a lip liner or a lip product in general. But here we are and I've finished this Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Liner. Now I'm not sure if I finished completely by wearing it as much as I did or if I finished it earlier than expected because it was broken inside. However I did like this lip liner, it was pigmented, creamy and didn't drag or scratch the lip. I'd probably buy this again but not anytime soon as I have a surplus amount of red lip liners that I need to get through. 

                        
All that's left for me to share with you now is the copious amount of face wipes and sheet masks I've used. Let's start with face wipes as it's the lesser of two evils. Now I don't use face wipes to take off my make up but I do use the, to remove my lipstick or any swatches I may have done. I'm surprisingly picky about which face wipes I use but recently I've just been grabbing the first ones that I've seen on offer. The first pack is the Loreal Fine Flowers Facial Wipes. They were nice but didn't wow me, so unless I'm in a bind, I won't be repurchasing these again. The same can be said for the B Pure Sensitive Micellar Wipes. They were nice, removed what I wanted them to remove but didn't really blow me away. The Garnier Extra Gentle Micellar Wipes on the other hand are pretty much holy grail for me. They don't scratch the skin, have enough product on each wipe and remove make up without too much rubbing or irritation. I go between these and Oil Infused wipes and always make sure to stock up when they're on offer. Expect to see a lot more of these in future posts. 

                           
Onto under eye patches and as you can see, I've gone through a few. I love these for days when my eyes feel generally like crap or after a bit of a late night. All of these I've used before and will happily repurchase them all when I'm shopping next. However if I were to choose one as a stand out patch, it would have to be the Rodial Dragon's Blood Patches. They just work like magic at depuffing, Hydrating, soothing and reducing the appearance of dark circles. Pricey but well worth it. I seriously need to buy the multipack instead of spending more buying the individual packs. 

                            
The Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Masks are some of my favourites so you shouldn't be surprised to see so many of these in this post. I used to love the Chamomile masks the most but have lately found that the De-Tiring Masks with Lavender have the most visible results. I have numerous back ups of these and you can always count on a minimum of four in every empties post. 

                             
Two other masks from Garnier that I've used up are their new Pure Charcoal Sheet Masks. These were nice but didn't wow me as much as I expected. I think it's all because they weren't what my skin needed when I used them. If you have combination or oily skin then these will be perfect for you. I may repurchase in the future if my skin needs it but it's highly unlikely. 

                           
Another two sheet masks I used for the sake of using up and that didn't wow that much were these two. The first is the Bubble Purifying Sheet Mask from Skin Republic. It felt alright on the face and looked fun to wear but left behind a sticky residue that didn't do anything for my skin, except leaving it feeling uncomfortable. The second is this Avocado Sheet Mask from Oh K! I'm not sure what this was supposed to do for my skin and the results said the same as well. Apart from cooling my skin, this didn't feel as if it did anything major. I won't be repurchasing either of these, purely because I've tried similar masks from other brands and preferred those a lot more. 

                             
A mask I liked and used two of comes from Simple. Their newly released Water Boost Hydrating Sheet Mask has wowed me a lot more than other newly released sheet masks. Packed full of skin loving ingredients (they're words not mine), this mask acts like a deep hydration for skin and is perfect for those with dry/dehydrated skin. What I don't like is the £3.49 price tag for something that would sell so much better at a lower price. 

                              
And finally we have two of the Soap And Glory Sheet Masks. Now these cost the same as the Simple but I don't mind paying that much for each one purely because they actually have an ingredients key that doesn't just say vitamins and minerals. And one of these has be reformulated and is better than when I first tried it. That mask is the Radiance Boosting Mask. Before it was a very hard cardboard like mask that didn't fit the face at all but when I tried it this time round, it was thinner, more cellulose in texture and fit the face lovely. The other mask I used is their Pore Refining Mask. I like to always have one or two of these in my collection for when Aunt Flo pays a visit and I find my skin becoming more porous and oily in look and feel. Both of these are on my to buy shopping list and will no doubt be featured in future empties posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment