Wednesday 4 April 2018

Haul: Repurchases and New Releases

                            
Over the last couple of weeks I've been slowly gathering beauty products that have either been recently released or were in need of replacing. This weekend just gone I finished my shopping and thought I'd share it with you, including my first impressions on a base duo and a couple of new skincare items. 

                          
There was only one hair product of interest that I've picked up recently so I thought I'd get it out of the way first then move onto the make up and skincare. This is the newly released Loreal Elvive Dream Lengths No Haircut Cream. It's designed for those with long hair that's prone to breakage and split ends. Now I have extremely long hair that can break and become flyaway by just looking at it so I thought I'd give it a go to see if it could tame my wild mane. It can be used on either Wet or dry hair but doesn't contain a heat protectant so you'd still need a separate product if you were going to heat style your hair. I'm going to go and pick up the shampoo and conditioner in this range and come back to you in a month or two and let you know how it's worked for my hair. 

                          
Now onto the skincare. I'm a huge fan of sheet masks and like to make sure I have plenty in my collection. These three are repurchases and must haves in my collection. The Garnier Moisture Bomb De-Tiring Tissue Mask is perfect if you've had one too many late nights and you're skin is suffering. The Soap and Glory Pore Refining Mask is one I always make sure I always have on hand when it comes to that time of the month as my skin turns more combo/oily the closer my period gets. And the Soap and Glory Miracle Moisture Mask is good for days when my skins a little drier and in need of a moisture boost. Plus they were all on offer so it would have been rude to not pick them up. 

                          
A new sheet mask that I did pick up though is from Masque Bar. Their Rose Gold Foil Sheet Mask is one of a few new releases. Enriched with Soybean Extract, Mushroom Extracr and Witch Hazel Water this mask is designed to nourish and hydrate skin, leaving it looking and feeling supple and softer to the touch. I may have also brought it because I'm a rose gold addict and liked the idea of wearing this on Snapchat or Instastories. 

                             
Another mask that I'd never tried before comes from Nip and Fab. Their Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Mask is a gentler version of their Extreme Fix Bubble Mask. Enriched with Glycolic Acid this mask aims to smooth, retexturise, exfoliate and reveal skin's radiance. It's on the pricier side for a sheet mask but if it works aswell as the other Nip and Fab products then it's all worth it. 

                          
Primark are trying at the moment to add Korean style skincare products into their skincare range at the moment. So far there are only two sheet masks in the range and I picked them both up. It wasn't so much what they claimed to do for my skin but what ingredients that they claim to include. And at £1.50 a pop it doesn't really matter if they don't do anything good or bad to the skin. 

                          
And another sheet mask that I picked up from Primark is this Hydro Gel Mask With Hyaluronic Acid. I brought this to compare to the Soap and Glory Miracle Moisture Mask as they sound to be similar in both feel and result. It's was a little pricier than the other sheet masks that you can find in Primark but I like to think that means it's going to be a little better quality wise than the slightly cheaper ones. 

                            
Another part of Primark's Korean Inspired skincare range are these bubble masks. These are different to your standard bubble mask as they're more of a liquid formula than a sheet mask. And again it wasn't the premise of what they could do for my skin that interested me but what ingredients they were claiming to include. 

                            
And to top off the mask part of this haul, I restocked on my under eye patches. The Soap and Glory. Rodial and Primark under eye patches are all repurchases but there is another there that I haven't tried before. 

                          
Now onto the rest of the skincare I've brought. The first is a new facial spritz which is comparable to the Pixi Wake Up Vitamin Mist. The B Vitamin Facial Spritz contains a mixture of Cucumber Juice and Caffeine to invigorate and awaken the skin. It's lightweight, refreshing and so far has actually worked well on my skin. It's still early days but I'm already loving this product. 

                             
The next new release I picked up is an eye cream/gel. Optimum have released a new range of products called PhytoEnergise. All the products contain a mix of caffeine and skin energising ingredients to help brighten and revitalise skin. The first of the range that I picked up is their Refreshing Eye Gel. It's comes in the form of a rollerball which helps reduce the signs of puffiness and helps makes eyes look more awake and refreshed. I've only been using this for a couple of days and I'm not quite sure if I like it or not but I'm going to perceive and see if I can see a difference. 

                            
And the other product from Optimums new range I picked up were this Glycolic Cleansing Pads. These are very reminiscent of the Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix Pads. They don't contain as much Glycolic acid as the Nip and Fab but they contain enough to make it feel like their doing something for your skin. I've used them over the last couple of nights and skin feels exfoliated and retexturise but I'm going to use a few more to see if there is a big difference between them and the Nip and Fab pads. 

                          
A base duo that I didn't plan on buying but couldn't resist after hearing people rave about them. The first product is the Make Up Revolution Foundation Stick. I've worn this already and I'm shocked by how good this is. I'm not going to go into too much detail but a full review will be up once I've had time to really play with this product. And to go with it, I picked up the Make Up Revolution Conceal And Define Concealer. This has been dubbed a Tarte Shape Tape Concealer dupe and I can totally see why. Again I'm not going to go into too much detail but I'm blown away by the coverage, finish and lasting power of both of these. 

                           
Another base product I brought was a repurchase from Rosie For Autograph. Her Sheer Finish Complexion Enhancer is my go to Spring/Summer base and I'm very nearly out of my current tube. And with Spring trying to break through, I know I'm going to be reaching for more often than not in the upcoming months. And with Marks and Spencer's offering my ten percent off this weekend, I couldn't resist picking another up. 

                           
Another base product I repurchased is the Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water is one of two primers I use on an everyday basis. I've gone through countless bottles of this but find that a bottle of this actually lasts a long time. It's lightweight, hydrating and helps keep my make up place without making it look like an oil slick or sweaty mess. 

                            
Over the last month I've really been into filling in my eyebrows. I mentioned the Rosie For Autograph Brow Pencil is my March Favourites, and am still loving it for just filling in my brows but I needed to buy a new one. It's purely because the pencil is so soft (not a complaint) so it needs sharpening more often which essentially means I've gone through a lot of product since I started using it again. It gives brows such a natural yet defined look and the best bit about this product, it has a spoolie on the end which means I don't have to hunt down a spoolie to brush everything through. 

                             
And the last product I picked up was another repurchase, this time from Benefit. I love a good lash primer and have tried a few decent ones from brands such as Maybelline and Barry M but I always find myself going back to Benefit's They're Real Tinted Lash Primer. I don't know what it is about this product but I prefer how it makes my lashes look both with and without mascara and I can't live without it. I only brought a travel sized tube though as I didn't want to buy a full size and have it dry out before I could finish it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment