Wednesday 7 March 2018

Review: Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator

                                    
 For the longest time I've been wanting to try the Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator but never had the chance to try until I recieved it as part of a Liz Earle Christmas set. And I can't understand why I took so long to try it. 

Packed full of ingredients such as Eucalyptus, Cocoa Butter and Jojoba Beads, this exfoliator is more of a physical exfoliator than a chemical one. It's definitely one you can feel working to loosen and remove any dead skin cells but it's not that abrasive that it irritates or scratches the face. And because it contains more natural ingredients, it's more likely to be suited to those with more sensitive/reactive skins. 

I'd tried this on the back of my hand once but it doesn't compare to how effective it is when you actually use it on your face. I'd like to say a little goes a long way but I found I had to use a substantial amount to make sure my face was evenly covered. As I said, it's abrasive enough to give a good deep exfoliation but it doesn't leave skin feeling irritated or sore in any way. And once you'be washed it off, skin feels baby smooth and soft to the touch. I did find I needed to use a richer moisturiser than normal afterwards but that may just be my particular skin type. 

If you're looking for a decent physical exfoliant and don't mind paying a bit extra, I'd highly recommend giving this a go. It can be used by all skin types; even sensitive skins, and contains a host of ingredients that will nourish and work with your skin unlike other exfoliators that can sometimes leave skin feeling more stripped. If I were to recommend you try anything from Liz Earle, it would be this and the Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. Both may be more than you'd normally pay but both are definitely worth every penny. When I run out of miniatures of this, I'll definitely be buying a full sized bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment