Monday 26 March 2018

Monthly Favourites: March

                         
Welcome back to another Monthly Favourites. March has been a bit of a hit and miss month with me. I started the month fully intent on creating amazing content for you all and planned out some amazing things to do with my friends and family but by the middle of this month I lost all my enthusiasm and interest in the blog especially. So as you may have noticed I took some time off but today I'm back with my March favourites and a whole hog of ideas for April's posts as well. 

                       
Elizabeth And James Nirvana Fragrances 
My first and all time favourite of this month comes in the form of a fragrance or six. Last month my best friend Jasmin went to Washington and so kindly brought me back these Elizabeth and James Fragrance Rollerball Sets. The two trio sets contain every scent they've released so far in a travel sized miniature, perfect for trying or travelling with. Now I already knew I loved the Nirvana White but wasn't sure which of the other I'd also like. Turns out I love them all and I've been wearing them all month. Each one is cleverly unique, feminine and sophisticated in its own right. Plus they're long lasting on the skin and can even be smelt on clothing a good couple of days later. I can't pick a favourite out of the six but the ones I've worn the most have to be French Grey, Bourbon and Nirvana Black, French Grey especially as it mixes beautifully with my Rosie For Autograph Rose Gold to create a stunning feminine, classy, sexy scent that's perfect for the evening without being too heavy or musky. 

                          
Palmers Skin Therapy Face Oil With Rosehip 
My skin has been an absolute nightmare this month, with breakout after breakout appearing just as I thought my skin was getting better. As I write this apart from a couple of blemishes on my chin my skin is the best it's looked all month and it's all down to this next favourite of mine. I'd seen people raving about the Palmers Face Oil on Pinterest so decided to give it a go in hopes of reducing the appearance of any marks left behind by my blemishes. And by God has it worked a wonder or two. Lightweight and non greasy this oil absorbs easily into my skin, working not only to leave it feeling hydrated for longer but also reducing any dark marks left from my blemishes. And as I said my skin looks the best it has all month thanks to this oil. If you're struggling with blemishes, I'd highly recommend trying this oil out. 

                         
Rosie For Autograph Brow Pencil/Benefit Gimme Brow 
This month I've really gotten into filling in my brows. Usually I get them tinted and leave them until my next brow appointment but for some reason this month I've started filling them in. And I can't get over how different they look with just a little bit of pencil or tinted brow gel through them which is where my next two favourites come in. For days when I've been feeling lazy I've been loving the Benefit Gimme Brow. It gives just enough for my brows to have a bit more shape and colour but doesn't look like I've spent ages on them. And then for days when I can be bothered to make more of an effort, the Rosie For Autograph Brow Pencil has been my go to product. It is quick and easy to create a defined shape that looks natural but defined. And the spoolie on the end means you can easily brush through and remove any excess product without having to do your brows again. The only problem is because it's so soft, I've already used tons of this already and need to repurchase a new one. 

                           
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation 
An old favourite of mine that I've rediscovered my love for this month is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I featured this in my favourites last year but afterwards found it didn't suit my skin aswell as I thought it did. That is until recently when I pulled out of my collection on a whim. And I've fallen in love with it all over again. It's advertised as a light coverage but I find this gives me a gorgeous medium coverage that can be easily built up to cover imperfections. And what once would have looked like a oil slick mess now looks glowy and healthy. I don't know if it's because I'm using a different powder but it wears differently to what I remember and can easily go a whole day without trasnfereing or fading. 

                           
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 
Last month Maybelline extended the shade range in their Fit Me concealer now including a paler shade for fairer tones such as myself. So I thought I'd give it a go and it's replaced my much loved Collection Comcealer. It's so good, I've worn it everyday since I brought it as you can tell by the state of the packaging. It's a high coverage concealer that feels lightweight on the skin and doesn't oxidise throughout the day. Perfect for under the eyes as well as to cover redness and blemishes this concealer has been a godsend when it comes to making my nightmare skin look somewhat presentable on a daily basis. 

                         
Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer 
Another old favourite I've rediscovered this month comes from Benefit. They're tinted lash primer was one of the first lash primers I tried and it set me off trying to find the perfect one. I thought I had with the Maybelline Lash Sensational Primer but nothing compare to Benefit's They're Real Tinted Primer. Firstly it gives lashes amazing length and volume which is only amplified when mascaras applied over top. Secondly, it conditions lashes as you wear it and doesn't cause them to droop or lose their volume as the day goes on. And thirdly because it's a brown tint instead of white, you can easily wear it on its own on no make up days to just lashes a lift. I'm nearly out of mine so I'll be hitting up a Benefit stand when I'm in town next. 

                                          
Tomb Raider
And my last favourite of them month is a movie favourite. March has been quiet for film releases but one I'd been highly anticipating is the Tomb Raider reboot. I'm a huge fan of the original Angelina Jolie films but was intrigued by what Alicia Vikander could bring to the role. And she didn't disappoint. Strong, badass and every bit as good as Angelina, Vikander brought a fresh new spin on the Tomb Raider series. It's set earlier in the life of Lara Croft's life and as a whole is the perfect origins story/prelude to the early 2000's Tomb Raider films. If you weren't sure when you saw the trailer, I'd say give it a chance, you might be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment