Wednesday 18 July 2018

Recipe: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

When it comes to baking, I always find myself researching loaf cakes, big cakes and cupcakes over anything else. And they’re the things I tend to bake and share the most. And recently when I was looking back old recipes I posted, I rediscovered my Galaxy Choc Chip Cookies. I remember how good these were, how well they went down as a post and that I had the perfect ingredient for tweaking this recipe and making a brand new cookie recipe. So today I’m sharing with you my recipe for Double Chocolate Cookies that are easy to make and absolutely delicious. 

Ingredients 
150g Salted Butter, softened 
80g Light Brown Muscavdo Sugar 
80g Granulated Sugar 
2Tsp Vanilla Extract 
25g Cocoa Powder 
225g Plain Flour 
1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda 
1/4 Tsp Salt 
150g Hershey’s White Chocolate Chips 

Method 
1- Pre heat your oven to 180c. I sometimes do mine at 200c to warm it up as my oven takes a while to warm up and then turn it back down to 180c just before I start creating the balls of dough. 
2- Line several baking trays with greaseproof paper or baking parchment. I always do three trays as I never know what size they’re going to turn out and I like to be prepared. 
3-In your stand mixer place the softened salted butter, granulated and muscavdo sugar and beat until creamy and smooth. You can use a electric hand mixer but I just find a stand mixer a lot easier. 
4- Add the vanilla extract and egg and then beat again. I always take advantage of this step to really scrape around the bowl and make sure everything is incorporated. 
5- Then sieve the salt, bicarbonate of soda, plain flour and cocoa powder into the mixture. I cheat slightly and use/buy a flour that is already sieved so I don’t have to worry about having a flour explosion as I try and sieve it in to my stand mixture. 
6- Beat briefly until everything is combined and you have the makings of cookie dough in your bowl. 
7- Then it’s time to add the chocolate chips. I had the Hershey’s White Chocolate Chips that I wanted to use but you can use any white chocolate chips you have to hand. You can easily use your stand mixer to mix them in but I much prefer taking the bowl off the stand and mixing them in by hand with a silicone spatula. I find it distributes them more evenly through the mixture and ensures everything is combined and ready to bake. 
8- Now comes the messy bit. With your hands create small balls of dough/mixture and place them on the prepared tray, leaving enough room between each cookie so they can spread out. I managed to get five on each tray but if you made smaller balls than I did then you’d probably get more on each tray. 
9- Bake in the oven for 8-12mins or until the edges are firm and the centres are still a little wobbly. 
10- Once out of the oven leave them to rest on the tray for a few minutes. It just allows the centres to firm up and less likely to stick or fall apart when you transfer them to a cooling rack. 
11- When they’ve firmed up transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely or enjoy whilst they’re still warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment