Monday 16 July 2018

Review: Maybelline Master Prime Anti-Redness Primer

 
For the longest time I've religiously used the Maybelline SuperStay Primer whenever I've done my make up. It's an amazing primer and really helps with the longevity of my make up but it doesn't do a lot in terms of disguising or blurring my redness, something I can have a lot of. And normally I don't go for those green, redness minimising primers because they never seem to work but today's talking point has impressed me more than I thought it could.

The Maybelline Master Prime Anti-Redness Primer is part of Maybelline's recently release Master Prime range and is one of three primers in total. It's a very lightweight primer that contains green neutralizing pigments that blur and diminish the appearence of any redness your skin may have. It doesn't leave skin feeling greasy or looking like an oil slick, having an almost silicone like texture to it that reminds me of both their original Baby Skin Primer and Benefit's Porefessional.

To say I'm impressed is a bit of an understatment. I never usually trust green neutralising primers as they never actually cover or minimise the appearence of my redness but leave a horrible green cast over my skin that causes any base product applied over top to break down and move on my skin. This primer though actually works and doesn't leave me looking like The Mask afterwards. A little goes a long way and instead of looking like Shrek, my skin looks perfected, my redness blurred and neutralised whilst my skin feels soft but still tacky/adherent enough to keep any base products applied over top in place. Sure a little redness showed through by the end of the day but that's to be expected when you don't do well in the heat and are currently in a thirty degree heatwave that doesn't look to be leaving any time soon.

I was worried this was going to make my skin look and feel greasy but instead it left it feeling smooth and looking blurred/perfected. Another worry I had was the slight silicone texture you feel when applying it but my make up stayed in place all day long even though I wore it for a good seven hours. If you suffer from a lot of oil in general or from the heat; I recommend giving this a go, it keeps everything locked in place without the need for excess amounts of powder which will more likely cause your skin to product even more oil. As I said earlier in the post, this is one of three in the range and if you're not looking for a redness neutraliser then I'd highly recommend checking out the Pore Minimising Primer or the Anti-Dullness Primer. If they're as good as this one, you may have just found yourself a new holy grail product that cost less than a tenner.

No comments:

Post a Comment