Sunday 1 July 2018

July Goals

                           
Hello July! How on earth is it July already? Last month I let myself fall into a few bad habits and spent more time procrastinating than work to bring you all the best content I could possibly bring you. However this month I'm going to focus on getting back into a routine and good habits which when put together will allow me to enjoy life whilst still working hard to post good content throughout the whole of July. 

One of my major goals this month is to post every single post I've got planned for here. Last month I let myself down and missed two of my planned posts for no other reason than I spent too much time procrastinating and then couldn't be bothered when I actually looked at the post. However this month I'm going to push myself to post every single post I've got planned. I know like it sounds I'm being too hard on myself but I've got some good posts plans and a few products I really want to talk about and I know if I miss a post in July I'll never get round to posting it. 

My other major goal this month is to get back into reading. I let it slip last month because I couldn't be bothered a lot of the time but also because I couldn't find any books that really caught my attention. It's all going to change this month though as I've found around eight books that I'm dying to read and because of that I'm going to make more of getting off of social media during the evening and picking up a book instead. 

Another smaller goal I'm going to try and work on this month is getting recipes planned for the rest of the year. Usually I struggle to think up two different yet easy to make and delicious to boot recipes to make each month. However I'm really making an effort to try and plan out my recipes in advance, especially my recipes for Halloween and Christmas. And yes I am think of Autumn/Winter already, my body wasn't designed to handle the heatwave we've got at the moment. I've got some really good ideas written down and I want to get them planned out and trialed in advance so that I don't panic bake closer to the time and run the risk of messing the recipe up.

And my last goal for the month is to look after myself a bit more. I've let my skincare routine slip, I've stopped going to bed at a reasonable time and I have a tendency to wake up in the early hours of the morning for a snack, even though I'm not hungry and don't need to eat. And all of these are making me lose self confidence and are showing in my behaviour and in my skin. So starting today (the 1st) I'm aiming to get my skin in a good place, to sleep more and stop scrolling as much and actually staying asleep instead of waking two or three times in the night for absolutely no reason for a snack. I don't know how long it'll last but I know I'll be making a more conscious effort to look after myself and get my self confidence back. 

So that's July for me. What about you? What are your goals for July? I'd love to hear them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment