Wednesday 27 June 2018

What I Read: June

 
It's the end of the month and that means it's time to share with you the book/s I enjoyed this month. However this month it's more of a book I'm reading than a book I've read. Everything I've picked up this month has just failed to catch my attention fully or keep me gripped past the first chapter. So instead today I'm going to give you my thoughts so far on the only book I've managed to get into this month.

Honeymoon Suite by Wendy Holden is the only book this month that has managed to keep my attention for more than a few pages. Based two intertwining stories involving characters Nell and Dylan, this book tells the story off their ups and downs in life and love whilst occasionally throwing the two characters together in a twisting narrative that destines them to end up together.

So far I've only gotten sixteen chapters in and it's an okay narrative but it's not making me read large chunks at a time and I honestly don't know if I'm going to complete this book. It's not necessarily a bad book and I quite like what I've read so far, I think it's just not for me. The characters are relatable and aren't hard to imagine coexsisting next to you in everyday life. The situations are dramatic but not unrealistic and I like how there is a mixture of humour alongside the drama. Wendy Holden is an amazing author, I've loved a lot of her previous works but I think that I'm not in the mood for this sort of chick lit number, especially after having read a lot of YA and crime novels after the last few months. Maybe I'll go back to it one day but I doubt I'll finish this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment