Saturday 9 June 2018

Five Wardrobe Updates



                                          
This year I made a promise to myself to be more adventurous with my wardrobe. I always find myself admiring other people’s outfits and the tons of gorgeous clothes available online and instore but I never had the confidence to step out of my comfort zone and try them for myself. Until a few months back when I came to the realisation that everything in my wardrobe was either over worn, forgotten about or just plain boring in my eyes. So recently I’ve been shopping and browsing a lot to discover what works for me and what doesn’t. And I’m proud to say that I’ve managed to find some brilliant bits that not only take me out of my comfort zone but also didn’t cost the earth. So today I’m talking you through five styles/pieces I’ve added to my wardrobe to give it a new lease of life. 

Just a little side not, there is no try on pics because I’m not confident enough to post them yet.


Slogan T-shirts 
For a while now I’ve seen tons upon tons of tons of slogan tees in stores and online. I’ve tried on tons and always found I have two problems with them. The first is a lot of them don’t sit or fit nicely across my bust (I’m of the larger bust community), squashing them or pulling horrendously. And secondly a lot of them are very short in the body that get even shorter once they’ve met my bust. However recently I’ve managed to four stunning slogan tees from Primark that not fit well everywhere but don’t ride up or pull horribly across the bust. And the best bit, they all only cost £4. And they’re not all monochromatic which used to make up the best part of my wardrobe. Im not going to lie I did start off safe with grey and white but I’ve since added a bold yellow and my latest is again white but with this stunning teal stripe across the bust. 


Colour 
As I’ve already mentioned my wardrobe used to be predominantly monochromatic with the occasional khaki or navy top. But this year I’ve really pushed myself to wear more colour, especially colours I never thought I could wear before. At the beginning it was daunting but after buying my bold yellow slogan tee, I found it a lot easier to buy colour. And mustard/yellow tones are a big favourite of mine at the moment. I got this round neck plain mustard t-shirt in Primark for only £3 and I love it. It’s a flattering material that doesn’t cling or bunch and actually suits my fairer skin tone. I can see this paired beautifully with black skinny jeans and a pair of fancy black slip on shoes to give it a dressed up feel that isn’t too over the top. And the other bit of colour I’ve added to my wardrobe is one I haven’t quite gotten the confidence but I’ll get there and I can imagine this will look nice when I wear it. From Boohoo I picked up this orange striped basic t-shirt. On the website the orange stripes looked a lot paler than they actually are but I still like how this shirt looks. Again it’s a nice material that doesn’t cling or bunch up and I can imagine this will look nice with either blue or black jeans when I finally get the courage to wear it. 

Bottoms That Aren’t Jeans 
I love my jeans. You will never not find me in anything other than my Super High Waisted Skinny Jeans from Primark. They’re my go to jean and can be paired with everything so easily. However as I’ve been shopping I’ve seen tons of beautiful culottes and printed wide leg trousers that I’d love to have a go at wearing. There is however a slight problem with this plan. I’m only 5’3 so everything is usually too long for me to wear comfortably. That was until I found this gorgeous mustard culottes in Primark. They are made of an amazing almost crepe like material that flows nicely over my legs, don’t swamp my figure with extra material and actually sit at the length a culotte should sit at. I’m still trying to style these up but I’m love them and can’t wait til I finally wear them. I’m picturing this looking gorgeous paired with a black camisole and a sandal or slip on again in black, to make them the real talking point of the outfit. 

Shoes That Aren’t Converse, Boots Or Flip Flops
I love a good pair of Converse. For the longest time I’d always be found in Converse. The same could be said for boots, especially in the last year. However this year I wanted something a little different. I still wanted a pair of comfortable, casual shoes that would go with the majority of my wardrobe but I didn’t want them to be Converse. And that’s where good old Primark comes in again. Their range of casual slip on shoes are amazing. They don’t cost the earth, come in a range of shades and prints and are so comfortable you’ll be wearing them as much as possible. I love a good old pair of plain black slip ons that’ll go with everything but recently I spotted these grey checked ones that I could see looking gorgeous paired with a simple pair of blue jeans and a white or dark grey basic tee. And the best bit, they only cost £5 so you could stockpile them so you’re never without, I know that’s what I’ll be doing. 

However they still weren’t enough to satisfy my need for new shoes. And yes whilst they still technically look like Converse, they’re ever so slightly different. What really drew me to these was the gorgeous embroidery along the side in this bright pink shade that makes them really pop against the black. These again paired with a simple t-shirt and jeans would make a stunning comfy casual outfit with a slight pop. And finally I’ve added some slider/slip ons into my collection. I originally saw my best friend Jasmin wearing a pair and thought they looked really comfortable and a great way to dress an outfit up without being too much. Again these are from Primark and are surprisingly comfortable considering they’re quite a flat shoe. I can even picture these paired with my mustard culottes to dress them up for dinner with the girls. 

A Backpack That Doesn’t Make Me Look Like I’m Going To School
Last summer I brought a simple black backpack for when I went to the zoo with Lauren and her little girls. It meant I had enough room for plenty of food and drink but also it left my hands free to make sure my favourite ladies didn't go walkabout. And then after that, I never reached for it again. Until this year when I got the urge to wear a backpack but when I put it back on, I didn't like it as much as I did last summer. So I started looking for a new backpack that I would get a lot of wear out of and wouldn't sit gathering dust in my wardrobe. I thought I'd found the perfect one in Primark that looked like a good dupe for the Chloe backpack everyone's lusting over but it just seemed to small and silly looking on my frame. And then one day I was casually scrolling through Boohoo when I stumbled across this little beauty. It was £12 and is the exact size and style that I wanted. I was a little apprehensive on how it would look when I wore it but it isn't an issue. In fact I forget that I'm wearing a backpack half the time. I love this paired with a simple white t-shirt and jeans, with a slip on shoe of some sort. 

What I Still Want To Add To My Wardrobe 
Whilst I am happy with the updates I've made to my wardrobe there are still a few things I'd like to add. Blue jeans are on the top of that list and I recently saw some that would be right up my street, so they'll soon be added to my wardrobe. Primark have got an endless release of slogan tees so I'll definitely be adding some more of them to my collection. I'd also like to add a pair of dungarees to my wardrobe for the summer but I think that's going to take a bit more looking before I can finally add them in. Shoe wise I'm quite happy with the collection I have but ASOS do have some stunning sandals that are really inexpensive that I may treat myself to and I'd quite like to add a pair of VANs to my collection as well. If I add any of these I'll either do another update post or pop them up on my Instastories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment