Monday 11 June 2018

GRWM: Night Out With The Girls

 
On Saturday me, mum and her mate Alison went to see Killer Queen, a tribute to Freddie Mercury and the music of Queen. It wasn't a bad night out but I didn't enjoy it as I have previous nights out. A lot of that may be because my shoes rubbed me red raw, gave me a blister, I somehow managed to scrape my arm a couple of times, had a killer headache and topped the night off with a near argument with a gentleman sat down the row from me. However it was an excuse for me to don something more than a pair of converse so I can't complain. And today I'm going to be talking you through the look I went for.

Prime
Before I went anywhere near make up I popped on a pair of the Rodial Dragon's Blood Under Eye Patches. They're perfect for giving the area around my eye a hydration boost alongside reducing the appearence of my ever present dark circles. Once they came off, I went straight in with primer. Now usually I go straight in with my normal combination but today I added another product between the two to really give my skin a boost. As normal I first went in with the Barry Hydro Fix Primer Water but before I added my Maybelline SuperStay Primer, I spritzed my face with the B Vitamin Facial Sprtiz. This is contains a mixture of Caffeine and Cucumber Juice so it really refreshes the skin and perks it up which everdently leaves behind a lit from within glow without the need for a higlighter. Then I went in with my normal layer of the Maybelline which just evens out my skin and creates a tacky base for my foundation to adhere to.

Colour Corrector
Even with the help of the Rodial Under Eye Patches, my dark circles were still more prominent than I'd like them to be. So I whipped out my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Colour Corrector Concealer in Lemon to brighten and disguise the area. I always pat this in with my finger when I use it as I find it warms up the product more and gives it a more natural look when it's blended out.

Base
During the lead up to this I wasn't sure which base I'd go for. I'd been switching between three for the last few weeks but part of me did think I was going to reach for my Rosie For Autograph Foundation. However on the night I found myself reaching for the Make Up Revolution Fast Base Foundation Stick. Then I believed I grabbed it because it's a quick base that didn't take a lot to blend out but looking back I now think I grabbed it because it's longevity is amazing. I wore this during the week and it lasted for a whole twelve hours without fading or rubbing away. So I can understand why I picked this over the other two. I just drew several stripes across my face and blended it out with a damp beauty blender. The finish is stunning and allowed me to have that perfected skin looking without looking like I was wearing a mask.

Concealer 
Now I know this looks a little obsessive but this trio works so well and works out that I actually use less concealer in the long run. I start with my trusty Maybelline The Eraser Eye and dot it several times along my under eye area. Then inbetween where I've dotted that I place a dot of the Make Up Revolution Conceal And Define Concealer. Then finally I draw a triangle with my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. Overkill I know but when I blend it out with a damp beauty blender it not only covers my dark circles, it brightens the area and makes me look like I've had a lot more sleep than I've actually had. And because I've used so much concealer, it blends out to cover the redness that adorns the tops of my cheeks, essentially meaning I don't need to waste/use any excess concealer trying to cover that as well.
 
Powder
For powder I reached for my favourite from MUA. Their Silk Finish Loose Setting Powder is my favourite for setting make up without giving it that powdery finish or gathering in places such as around nose or eyebrows. And my favourite way to apply my powder is with my beauty blender. All I do is shake some out into the lid then roll my beauty blender in it so it's generously covered. I do tap off a little of the excess and then just gently press it over the concealer under my eyes, down the centre of my face and along it's perimeter, making sure not to remove any of the glow my facial spritz has given it.

Brows
The tint on my brows has faded slightly so I've gone back to filling them in where necessary and giving the front a little bit more shape to make them look even. And for that I always use the Rosie For Autograph Brow Pencil in 01. It's super soft so it applies easily but you can't overdo it with the product either. I like my brows to be quite bold, especially when I pair it with a bold lip so I do make sure the front sections has quite a bit of shape to them but it doesn't look as bold in real life as it does in the picture.

Lashes
I wanted my lashes to be volumised and defined for this particular look so I chose two products I knew would give me that. I started by curling my eyelashes (something I never thought I'd do) and when I was happy with the curl, I went in with the Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Primer. This comes out and coats your lashes white but is easily covered with mascara. It just helps to give lashes an extra boost and helps hold any volume and curl your lashes have. Then over top of that I added a coat of the Maxfactor Clump Defy Mascara.  I love how this lifts and curls my lashes with minimal effort. It doesn't clump and can easily be built to give lashes maximum volume.

Lips
I knew what top I wanted to wear for this night out so I took an aspect from it and added it into my look. And for that I used two of my all time favourite Rosie For Autograph products. I started by lining my lips with the Lip Definer is Super Model. I love how creamy these are and this particular shade is a perfect match for the lipstick I applied over the top. Once I was happy with the shape, I applied the Lipstick in Super Model Kiss over top. This appears to have a cream finish but once the intial sheen wears away you're left with a satin finish that lasts all evening and doesn't require a touch up without being uncomfortable and drying on the lips. And the bright orange red shade complimented my top perfectly and was the perfect finish for my look. Nothing says night out like a bold lip for me.

Perfume
I struggled to decide what perfume I wanted to wear. I was torn between creating a unique mix with my Elizabeth and James rollerballs or one of my Rosie For Autograph fragrances. In the end Rosie won and I spritzed myself liberally with the Rosie For Autograph Nuit EDP. This is one of my favourite evening perfumes because whilst it still has the rose centifolia heart note like her original edp, it also has a deeper tone to it that makes it a little bit more sultry and evening appropriate. And I must have smelt good as I recieved a compliment before we even got to our destination.

Outfit 
For my outfit, I'd had it planned in my head for weeks. I wore one of my favourite slogan tees from Primark which has a stunning orange red slogan reading Perfectly Imperfect across the bust. I paired it with my trusty black skinny jeans and dressed it up with a pair of black simple ankle strap block heel sandals. Oh how I regret that. We hadn't even made it to dinner and my left foot felt like someone was trying to saw it of with a blunt knife. And then because I put more pressure on my right foot, that one started to feel the same. So whilst they were cute, they aren't a shoe I'll be reaching for again in a while.

And for my bag I went with my little black structured box clutch I took when we went out in May. I like how it's structured but still holds a good amount in it. The long shoulder strap is just the right length for me and I don't find it falls off or slips down my shoulder as I walk.

Setting Spray 
And the very last thing I did before heading out the door was liberally spritz my face with setting spray. Since my make up shake up back in May, I've found I've really been enjoying the Make Up Revolution Amazing Setting Spray. It really works wonders to keep make up locked in place but it doesn't dry skin out or leave it looking mask like or cakey.

 How everything looked put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment