Saturday 16 June 2018

Mid Year Beauty Favourites

Last week I shared with you the five non beauty related things I've loved so this year. So today I thought I'd share with you the five beauty products I've adored the most so far this year. You probably won't be surprised by any of them given how much I've spoken about them anyway.

 Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink in Ruler
I used to be a bold lip girl. I wouldn't look the way of a nude or neutral tone. If wasn't pillar box red or a deep/bright/bold shade I didn't want to know. Until last year when I fully embraced my love of a more nude/neutral lip. Now I know this shade doesn't look that neutral but compared to other shades I wear it really is. I love the lasting power of this formula, you can eat and drink whilst wearing it with minimal to no transfer. And even though they stick to your lips like glue, they aren't uncomfortable and don't go powdery like many other liquid lipstick formulas do. Ruler is a stunning pink shade that I've not stopped wearing since I brought it. It safe to say that I've worn twice every week since I brought it.

Nip And Fab 6% Glycolic Fix Liquid Glow
Nip and Fab upped their skincare game at the beginning of the year when they released their first liquid glycolic toner. And I absolutely adore it. It did take me a while to get used to it but now I can’t go a day without using it. Containing a higher percentage of glycolic acid, this works to retexturise, purify and rejuvenate skin, helping with cell turnover and acting like a chemical scrub/peel for the skin.It’s not for the faint hearted and whilst my skin can be picky and sensitive to these sorts of products, it’s had no issues with me slathering myself in it since I brought it. I haven’t finished my first bottle (that’s how little you need) but I already have a back up ready for when I do run out. 

Palmers Skin Therapy Face Oil 
Last year I diode my toe into facial oils and for a while I had my absolute go to that did me no wrong. Until it was discontinued and I had to find a new facial oil that wouldn’t break me out, leave me looking greasy and didn’t cost the earth either. Then one day I was scrolling (procrastinating) on Pinterest and stumbled on a pin discussing how amazing the Palmers Skin Therapy Face Oil was. So I picked it up to see if it was as good as claimed and I was blown away. It’s lightweight for an oil, doesn’t leave me looking like an oil slick, hasn’t broken me out as well as fading and diminishing the appearance of any marks left behind from blemishes. A little goes a long way and I’m in awe of how it works so well with my skin, I’ve had the bottle for about three months and I still have a good half a bottle if not more left. If you haven’t tried it and are in need of a facial oil, I highly recommend checking it out, the hype is definitely well deserved. 

Make Up Revolution Conceal And Define Concealer
I’m not someone who usually gets drawn into the hype of a product but when it came to two releases from Make Up Revolution, I did get hooked in. However out of the two products I am obsessed with one more than I am the other. The Make Up Revolution Conceal And Define Concealer has completely changed how my concealer and make up as a whole looks. It’s high coverage but doesn’t sit heavily on the skin and has fantastic lasting power which leave your make up looking fresher for longer. I have the shade C1 and it matches my skin perfectly and blends out beautifully both under the eyes and over top of blemishes and redness. I love that much that in the last fortnight I have brought one to use alongside three back ups as it’s like gold dust to find in stores. 

Elizabeth And James Nirvana Fragrances 
Unlike with other products I own in multiple shades and scents, this last favourite I just couldn’t choose a favourite from. So I’ve bundled them all in at once. The Elizabeth And James Nirvana fragrances can not be described by any other word but divine. I have a rollerball of each scent and can honestly say that there isn’t one I do not like. I of course have the ones I reach for more than others but as a whole I absolutely adore the entire collection, Bourbon, French Grey and Amethyst are probably most worn out of the six but I do like to mix and match this scents to create my own unique fragrance for the evening. I’d happily buy full size bottles of each but due to the ridiculous price tag that accompanies them I think I’ll stick to travel sized roller balls for the moment 

No comments:

Post a Comment