Wednesday 20 June 2018

Top 10 Most Worn Lipsticks

Lipstick is possibly one of my favourite things in the world. It can really pull a look together or can be the main focus of your look. I wear lipstick on a daily basis ranging from pillar box red one day to a cool greige tone the next. And my collection is vast which got me wondering which lipsticks are actually my most worn of them. So today I'm sharing with you my ten most worn/most loved lipsticks.

10- MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red
Shade: Blue Toned Red
Why I wear it so much: It's a classic shade that goes well with most looks and suits every skin type. I always feel more confident when I wear this and I love how the blue undertone makes my fair skin look even fairer and almost flawless. Plus it's a comfortable matte finish that can be uncomfortable and drying if you have dry lips but it's nothing that a little lip balm can't fix.

9- Gosh Velvet Touch Matte Lipstick in Rose
Shade: Mauve Pink Shade
Why I wear it so much: It's a perfect everyday neutral. It's not too pink but it's not too brown either and warms up my complexion without the need for bronzer. It's matte finish is again comfortable but can become uncomfortable after a few hours, especially if you haven't prepped your lips properly beforehand. However a little lip balm pressed over top soon remedies that.

8- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam
Shade: Bright Tomato Red
Why I wear it so much: It's that perfect mix of blue toned red and cherry red with just the right amount of orange running through it. The formula is a dream, it's non drying, long wearing and half the time I forget I'm wearing it as it doesn't leave lips feeling dry or powdery. It can occasionally go streaky but when paired with a perfect matching lip liner, you get a highly pigmented, opaque shade.

7- Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in Divine Wine
Shade: Deep Red
Why I wear it so much: This lipstick is Autumn in a nutshell. I love wearing this during the colder months as it has enough warmth to stop my complexion from looking sickly but it's still dark enough to meet that autumnal trend. And it's formula is a dream. Creamy to apply, highly pigmented, long wearing and non drying, this shade is forever close by during the colder months.

6- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina
Shade: Neutral Pink
Why I wear it so much: It’s just beautiful. It’s got enough of a pink tone to keep it warm against my fairer complexion but it’s not that pink that it’s overpowered and looks like a Barbie pink. Sure the wear can be a little uncomfortable if you don’t prep lips properly but when lips are properly scrubbed and hydrated, this wears perfectly.

5- Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in Silk Rose
Shade: Pinky Brown
Why I wear it so much: It's my go 90's grunge brown shade. It looks darker than me than it does on others but it gives it that real 90's look and love pairing this with a ladder rip sweater and black skinny jeans. It's looks more like a sheen finish when you first apply it but once that's worn away, you're left with a beautiful satin finish that is comfortable to wear and lasts for hours. It's one of two from the Rosie For Autograph range I've worn the most.

4- Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink in Ruler
Shade: Deep raspberry pink
Why I wear it so much: It's all about the formula with this lipstick. Ruler is highly pigmented and opaque in one swipe and whilst it's advertised as a liquid lipstick it keeps some of it's sheen even after it's adhered itself to your lips. There's no dry, powdery finish with this lipstick and it can sit comfortably on the lips for hours without need for touch up. I especially love this for when I'm eating out as it doesn't budge, even when your eating the greasiest of foods.

3- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso
Shade: Bright Tomato Red
Why I wear it so much: This is my ultimate go to red. I love how it wears, how it sits and how it compliments a ton of looks as well as my complexion. It's the perfect empowering red that gives me the confidence boost I occasionally need. I love this that much I've gone through and entire mini and am halfway through a full size already.

2- Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Out Loud
Shade: Pumpkin Orange
Why I wear it so much: What isn't to love about this shade. It practically screams Autumn. I wanted a burnt orange/russet shade for a while and finally found it last year in this. It's your standard liquid lipstick formula but doesn't feel powdery or dry on the lips and can be comfortably worn for long periods of time.

1- Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in Lady Rose
Shade: Neutral Pink
Why I wear it so much: If you had asked me a couple of years ago what my most worn lipstick was I would have said Rimmel's infamous 107 Matte Lipstick. Now though, it's my absolute favourite nude and one that as you can see no longer has the beautiful rose engraved in to it. Like Silk Rose this has a sheen to start with but wears away to leave behind a satin finish that lasts for an age on the lips and doesn't dry them out or leave them feeling uncomfortable. And surprisingly it was the nude lipstick that made me see I could wear nudes and neutral tones without looking washed out or ill. It's definitely one I'll repurchase time and time again no matter what other shades I have in my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment