Thursday 14 June 2018

Recipe: Lemon An Lime Cupcakes

 
Growing up lemon and lime cordial was my favourite thing to drink. And even as an adult, I still enjoy a cool bottle every now and again. So whilst I was brainstorming recipe ideas for the Summer, I instantly thought of lemon and lime flavoured cupcakes that were moist, light as well as tasty and refreshing. And they've got to be good because my step-dad has eaten over half of the amount I've baked and he rarely eats that many of my baked goods. It's why the picture isn't nicely staged or well lit, I had to hide a few to take my pictures before he ate them all.

Ingredients
- 125g Softened Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Zest Of One Lemon
- Zest Of One Lime
- Juice Of One Lemon
- Juice Of One Lime

Method
1- Pre heat oven to 180C. Line a twelve hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
2- Place the softened butter and sugar into a bowl. Beat until it's pale in colour and looks fluffy to the touch.
3- Add the eggs, flour, the lemon zest, lime zest, milk and several teaspoons of the juice. I combine the two juices together and them mix them into the mixture. It gives it a more blended taste and one isn't more overpowered than the other.
4- Mix everything together until it's combined, making sure to scrape around the sides so that everything gets fully incorporated. Also taste the mixture once it's mixed to get an idea of if you need to add more juice. I found I needed to add several more teaspoons for the taste to really come through but not overpower the mixture.
5- Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
6- Once cooked leave to cool in the tin for five minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
7- Then all that's left is to enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment