Friday 1 June 2018

Top 5 High Street Brands (Skincare)

       
When deciding what brands I was going to feature in this post, I really had to sit and think of what people defined as high street. I remember a while ago it meant only the products you could pick up in your local Superdrug or Boots but as time passes by, the definition of high street is definitely expanding and changing with every new product and brand launch.

 It took me a while to decide how I was going to define it but I've decided to go for brands that can be found in Superdrug, Boots and Marks And Spencers with the highest price range being between £20-£25. And even after that I found it hard to choose the brands I really wanted to talk about as there are just so many high street brands that are killing it. I have separated this post into skincare first and then later on I'll do a make up post just to make it easy on streamlining the brands I want to talk about.


                          
Garnier
Garnier is a staple on the shelves of Boots and Superdrug and has been for years. It's not the most inexpensive brand on the market but it's also not extortionate and you know that whatever you buy from them will actually work with your skin. They cater for every skin type and every age with each and every product being upfront about what to expect from them, you'll find no bold, ridiculous claims from them, just honest, proven results that you won't be disappointed with. Their ingredients aren't the most cutting edge or on trend but they work and personally from a predominately facial skincare based brand that's what's matter more than being on trend or being seeing in a magazine. I've never had any issues with Garnier products and that's saying something considering how sensitive and reactive my skin can be. I have a whole host of favourite products but my top three most used and most repurchased would have to be the Moisture Bomb Tissue Masks, Miracle Sleeping Cream and Oil Infused Micellar Wipes.


                           
Loreal
Loreal again is another staple brand seen on many a skincare shelf. For years I didn't believe the hype in their products and with some ranges they sell, I still don't. Yet the products I've tried from them have worked wonders for me and again even being on the higher end of the budget scale, they are worth every penny with visible results. They have a wide range of products that cater to meet all skin types and all ages. They use ingredients you can understand and whilst a few of their higher priced products have claims I just don't quite believe, the majority of their products claim to give you results that you'll actually see as you use said product. Apart from having breakouts with their micellar waters which happens in every brand with me, I've never had any issues with using Loreal products on my skin. Quite a few are used in my daily routine including their Loreal Extraordinary Cleansing Oil and the Hydra Genius Liquid Moisturiser with the Pure Clay Masks and Smooth Sugar Scrubs being my most reached for scrub/mask combination.

                              
Nip And Fab
To most of in the beauty community, Nip and Fab are a staple brand that never fail to smash expectations when they release new products. However I think they sometimes get overlooked when seen in stores. But they really shouldn't be as they make fantastic quality skincare that actually works. Sure they cost that little bit more but the results are visible almost immediately and the products work wonders on every skin type and every age, with several different ranges available to mix and match to meet your exact skin needs. Not all their products can be used on a daily basis but the ones I find myself reaching for more often than not is their 6% Glycolic Extreme Liquid Glow, their range of sheet masks and their range of pre soaked treatment pads, especially their Glycolic Extreme Fix Night Pads.

                               
Pixi
Pixi has slowly become a cult brand over the last few years and when you try their product, you completely understand why. They have an amazing range of products from cleansers to toners, pre soaked pads to face masks and facial mists to facial oils. Each product has been perfectly curated and collected to be as beneficial to skin as possible. They're on the higher end of the budget spectrum but are worth every penny because their products work and continue to work even after a good three/four months down the line. I happily pay for their products because the results are so worthwhile and after adding several of their products into my existing routines, my skin looks the best it ever has. Pixi couldn't be mentioned without mentioning their bestselling cult product Glow Tonic. It's followed by their Glow Mud Cleanser and Glow Mud Mask, both staples in my skincare collection. And one of their newer releases in the form of Peel and Polish has well and truly cemented it's place in my skincare collection and will be there for the foreseeable future, even ever alongside the rest of Pixi's amazing skincare range.


                             
Soap And Glory 
And the last brand I adore on the high street is Soap and Glory. How can you not love Soap and Glory. They make divine bath products, amazing make up and exemplary skincare. The products in the range can easily be mixed and matched to curate a individual routine for your particular skin needs. There's every thing from make up removers and cleansers to face masks, SPF's and serums. Their latest releases in the form of their sheet masks have to possibly be some of my favourite products from them as a brand. I don't really enjoy how they don't disclose a lot of the ingredients in certain products but if you're used to reading an ingredients key then you're able to deduce if the product is for you. It's not so bad in their newer releases but some of their older products are a little harder to get a read on. Apart from that little bug bear, I adore the brand and can happily say that their products ares one I easily repurchase time and time again. Their Peaches and Clean Cleansing Milk is up there in my top three cleansers with their Scrub Your Nose In It AHA Scrub topping the facial scrub list. Their The Fab Pore Mask is a fantastic once a fortnight treatment for skin but in all honesty I kind of forgot about it when their released their range of sheet masks and under eye patches. Hands down some of my favourite sheet masks but still can't knock the Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Masks off the top spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment