Monday 25 June 2018

Monthly Favourites: June

 
June has finally come to an end. For me this month has dragged slightly and I haven't discovered many new products that I've been obsessed with. However there are several non beauty favourites that I've not been able to put down or stop listening to so it balances it out well.

The only new product I discovered this month comes from B. Their newly released Camomile Facial Spritz is a brilliant dupe for the Liz Earle Instant Skin Tonic Booster. It's combined blend of Camomile, Rose and Plum, this has worked wonders at soothing, toning and refreshing my skin without breaking me out or irritating my skin like other facial spritzes have. I've used quite a fair amount already since I brought it but I've been using this every day both before moisturiser and mixed in with my primer. I've barely reached for my Liz Earle since I brought it and that's saying something, considering it's like a holy grail product for me.

Now most of the beauty products I've loved this month have been rediscoveries starting with this Make Up Revolution Setting Spray. I rediscovered it when I had a make up shake up and I've been totally blown away by how well it keeps my make up in place. I remember my first impressions being less than impressed but trying it again now and I'm actually astounded by how it's improved the longevity of my make up. And I'm not just talking a couple more hours, I'm talking a good four or five hours more, including going to work where I have absolutely no air con and humidity is always horrendous. This is the last step of my routine every morning and I can't see myself reaching for another setting spray any time soon.

My second rediscovey of the month is an eye gel that I used on and off for a couple of months and then forgot about. However with the weather warmer up and it getting a little harder to sleep at night, I've found this Optimum Phytoenergise Refreshing Eye Gel. It's a caffeine infused formula that helps to depuff the under eye area and minimise any look of fatigue. It's got a cooling rollerball that really helps cool the under eye area down and makes me feel ten times more human in the morning. And for the days when I've been absolutely shattered, I've been popping it in the fridge for five minutes to make it even colder and refreshing when I apply it.

This month I've really gotten back into the routine of moisturising my body as well as my face. I'm really lazy when it comes to moisturising my body but with Summer making itself known, I thought I'd try and get into a routine so my skin looks at least a bit better when I'm in camisoles and t-shirts. And for the I rediscovered the Soap And Glory Sugar Crush Body Buttercream. First off it smells absolutely divine and secondly it's done wonders for my skin. It's a body butter so it's thicker and doesn't really work as well during the day as it does at night. So every night before I go to bed I slather my arms and legs in this and leave it to soak in as I sleep. And boy does my skin feel soft the next morning. I'm so glad I kicked my ass into a routine as the skin on my arms has never looked better and feels so much softer to the touch.

Recently I've become obsessed with backpacks. I can't get enough of them and it's all I want to buy when browsing online or out shopping. And my only style favourite for this month is this gorgeous bee embellished backpack from Primark. It doesn't look too small against my frame and is the perfect size for carrying my essentials when I'm out and about. It's even great for carrying a ton of cinema snacks which ties is nicely with my next favourite. However at only £10 from Primark, I couldn't resist picking this up and adding it to what I can see be a rapidly expanding collection.

Tying in nicely from last favourite is my favourite film of June. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was the perfect sequel to 2015's Jurassic World. It was made up of so many different elements that brought a variation of emotions to the audience viewing experience. I found certain parts sad and found myself tearing up whilst others parts had me laughing out loud and several moments during the final showdown had me holding my breath. The acting was superb, with the cast bringing even more depth and development to their characters. My personal favourite had to be Bryce Dallas Howard's portrayal of Clare Dearing. In Jurassic World she was more detached, almost clinical in her approach and outlook on life but in Fallen Kingdom she has done almost an complete 180 and is portrayed as being more thoughtful, more caring and determined to do right by the inhabitants of Isla Nublar. And the strong badass strength she showed at the end of Jurassic World has also been continued and developed into Fallen Kingdom. And whilst she wasn't at the forefront of the action like Chris Pratt's character, she still held her own and was more than a pretty love interest who clings helplessly to the strong male main character.

There are two album favourites this month which is normally unheard of from me but June has been a very musical month for me and I can't get enough of both of these albums. The first comes from Laurence Fox. I randomly discovered some of his music on Spotify at the beginning of the month and after listening to a few songs was hooked. Holding Patterns, his full length album has a ton of amazing songs all with a slightly melancholy feel to them but also a humilty to them that not only connects a listener to the song but shows a lot of Fox himself. My favourites are Gunfight, Shelter, The Best Mistake and The Great Unknown. They're an easy listen that you can easily have on repeat whilst doing housework or in my case post writing. It's been the only album I've listened to when I've been out and about and that's saying something considering you can never usually get me to stray from Johnny Strong's albums when I'm out and about.

And the other music favourite this month comes from an artist I've loved since I was probably about eight years old and in my eyes is an absolute vocal queen. Christina Aguilera released her new album called Liberation this month and I was hooked the moment I heard the opening beat. It's a different sound to what I remember her having but it's bloody amazing and has a great mixture of upbeat numbers which you can easily dance to as well as slower, meaningful ballads with several powerful, female empowering interludes. My favourites have to be Maria, Think Twice, Deserve, Masochist and Fall In Line. They all take me back to Christina's Back To Basics times and I've seriously loved blasting this when I'm baking or doing housework as it really gives me that energy boost to get everything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment