Wednesday 25 July 2018

Review: Loreal Bonjour Nudista Skin Tint

I always like to go for a lighter base when the weather warms up, yes I know that's an understatment for the UK right now. But I do, I put away my medium/full coverage foundations and reach more for my tinted moisturisers, BB creams and skin tints. So when Loreal released a new skin tint, I just had to give it a go.

 The Bonjour Nudista Skin Tint from Loreal is a skincare/make up hybrid product. It looks like a foundation but is actually more of a tinted moisturiser. It's got very minimal/natural coverage that lets skin look and feel like skin. It's lightweight formula is extremely lightweight, breathable and just gives skin a healthy lit from within radiance. It's packed full of nourishing ingredients such as apricot, coconut and shea so it nourishes skin as you wear it. It comes in four shades which isn't necessarily the best selection but because it's such a light coverage it's quite adaptable and works with a multitude of skintones. But it's not to be confused with the Loreal Nude Magique BB Cream. The Nude Magique is grey in colour and adapts to match skin's natural colour when applied whereas the Bonjour Nudista is coloured like a normal foundations and blends out like a foundation would without adapting, oxidising or changing colour as you apply/blend out.

I'm in two minds about this product. On one hand I love the concept of this product but on the other hand I've really struggled to get along with it. I like the idea of having a barely there base, especially in this heatwave but with this skin tint, barely there coverage would almost be like hyping it up too much. I apply this with my hands and for the most parts after I've applied and blended it in, it just looks likes I've rubbed clean hands over my face. And the areas where it does show, it doesn't show in the good way. It's streaky and takes a while to blend in and even then looks uneven and requires more concealer than what I'd be looking to apply in a minimal make up look. I think if you have skin that didn't have a ton of imperfections then this would probably be a natural skin tint but for someone like me who has dark circles and redness, I think you're best going with a light coverage foundation that still allows skin to breath but is more likely to cover what you want covered without being too heavy or pore clogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment