Sunday 26 March 2017

Monthly Favourites: March


It's monthly favourites time. The last couple of months I've had a never ending list of favourites but this month that list is a lot smaller. Some of it might be because I've been on some sort of no buy and it might be because I've gotten a collection of products I love so there's no need for me to go and find a new favourite of it.

Clean and Clear Gentle Hydrating Wash
A face wash I've been enjoying this month comes from Clean and Clear. Their Daily Hydrating Wash is gentle enough to use on my occasionally sensitive skin and doesn't dry it out or leave it feeling tight. It's lightweight gel formula doesn't foam like a lot of other blemish fighting face washes can do and doesn't strip skin of any of it's natural goodness. I don't tend to get a lot of breakouts but I find that a combinaton of this and their Sensitive Cleansing Lotion really works to help reduce their appearence and eventually wave them goodbye. It contains Rosewater and honey so even the most sensitive of skins can use it and not worry about it causing any irritation. It's perfect as a gentle morning cleanser.

Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in Rosie Lips
A lipstick that I brought that I wasn't sure I'd love but totally fell in love with on first wear is this new Rosie For Autograph lipstick in Rosie Lips. It's a deep pink shade that has no other undertones running through it, it's just straight up pink. I thought I wasn't going to be able to wear it because I can't normally pull of pink lipsticks but this shade really suits my fairer skintone. My favourite thing about the Rosie Lipsticks are that they initially have a sheen to them but dry down to a demi matte/satin finish that doesn't budge and just adds something a little extra to the lipsticks. I know I'm going to be getting a lot of wear out of this now the weather is getting warmer.

Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in Vintage Rouge
Alongside Rosie Lips the range also released a new red shade called Vintage Rouge. And I've fallen hard and fast for it. It's not too blue toned and it's not too orange toned which makes it perfect for this time of the year as well for later on when Summer finally arrives. The finish of these lipsticks means that it doesn't look to over the top and gives that statement pop that colours like this aim to do. I find myself reaching for this constantly alongside the other Rosie lipsticks and know that I'll be getting a lot of wear out of these in the future months.

 Rosie For Autograph Summer Rose EDP 
Another Rosie For Autograph product I've been loving is her Summer Rose Fragrance. This combines her original rose scent with notes of pear, blackcurrant, jasmine and musk. It's lighter than her two other fragrances which makes it perfect to wear during the day. I've enjoyed wearing it on it's own to work everyday and then layering it with either my Rosie For Autograph Nuit fragrance or my Elizabeth And James Nirvana White. I've nearly finished my first bottle but have already got a second larger bottle ready for when I run out.

 Beauty And The Beast 
If there is one thing I've been loving even more than my beauty favourites this month is Beauty and the Beast. The trailer made me want to watch it every time I saw it and then I started listening to the soundtrack and knew I just had to go and see it when it was released. I wanted to see it that much someone only had to mention it and I'd start humming the soundtrack. And I finally got to see it this Saturday. It was AMAZING! I really would love to go and see it again. Emma Watson was fantastic as Belle, Dan Stevens, Josh Gad and Luke Evans all wowed me and really added something extra to the characters that the animated version couldn't. I'm definitely going to be buying this when it comes out on DVD.

 B Beauty Blending Sponge
I've used a beauty sponge for ages but until recently I wasn't enjoying it as much as I have been lately. And that's because I've finally been using it correctly. Now I know that may sound silly but until recently I was wetting it with a spritz like I'd seen hundreds of times on YouTube tutuorials but it wasn't giving me the results I wanted. So I started wetting it under the tap and the results are amazing. My make up looks even better than before and it doesn't look powdery or overdone all thanks to me learning how to use my sponge better.

 Maybelline Lip Definer in Brick Red
A lip liner I've enjoyed wearing with both my Vintage Rouge lipstick and my next favourite comes from Maybelline. It's one of their new release Lip Definers in the shade Brick Red. It's a deep red shade that has a blue undertone but not too much that you can't pair it with more orange toned shades as well. It's ridiculously creamy in texture and filling in your lips doesn't take forever. It also doesn't dry out lips like some lip liners which makes it perfect for pairing with liquid lipsticks or matte lipsticks. I've enjoyed it that much I've lost the bottom off of mine.

Barry M Matte Me Up Liquid Lipstick in Paparazzi
And my last favourite comes from Barry M. Last month I featured their new Barry M Lip Kits which are limited edition but at the same time they released their new Matte Me Up Liquid Lipsticks. I obviously picked up the red shade and have been seriously loving it this month. When I haven't been wearing Vintage Rouge I've been weraring this. It's lightweight texture rivals the feel of Kat Von D's liquid lipsticks and they're just as comfortable to wear if not more comfortable. I love pairing this with the Maybelline Lip Definer to really define my lips and make them pop. Definitely give these a swatch when you're at a Barry M stand..

No comments:

Post a Comment