Thursday 2 March 2017

My Everyday Make Up Routine

I'm the kind of person that can never stick to the same products. I'm always on the lookout for the latest release or best reviewed product that catches my eye. A lot of the time they turn out to be duds but occasionally there is one that jumps out and amazes me and becomes a permanent part of my routine. And lately I've replaced a few products in my make up routine and thought now is a good time to share it with you.

For primer I start with an older favourite in the form of the Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Mist. This is very lightweight but very hydrating and is perfect to prep skin before any kind of base. I spray a few spritzes of this before I go in with my Maybelline SuperStay Primer. This is a very liquidy primer but once it's applied to the skin it feels like velvet on the skin and leaves skin feeling tacky which makes it perfect to grab onto base products.

For the last few months I've been totally enamored with the Dior Star Foundation but in the last month it was replaced by the Loreal Total Cover Foundation. This is one of the best foundations on the high street right now. It's full cover, matte finish, lighweight formula is perfect for giving a flawless yet natural and lasts all day long without becoming oily or fading. It's only downfall is that it's a squeeze tube but I'm willing to overlook that as it gives such good results. I use a dense topped stippling brush to apply this but a lighter/duo fibre brush would work as well to blend it out even more.

Then it's onto concealer. After using that foundation I don't need to go in with tons of concealer but under the eyes I always go in with some. And my all time favourite concealer is from Maybelline. Their Anti-Age The Eraser Eye never fails to cover up my dark circles and brighten my under eye area completely. A damp beauty sponge is perfect for blending it in seamlessly which I then usually take over the rest of my face to make sure all my foundation is completely blended in. And if any redness has managed to pop through the foundation or I have a blemish then I go in with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair. This is high coverage but blends out like a dream and covers both blemishes and redness well. I use the same damp beauty sponge to blend it in to make sure everything looks seamless.

For powder I go in with the Collection Pressed Powder in Ivory. This seems to be the only powder that I can use both under my eyes and all over my face without it oxidising or creasing. I take the Real Techniques Setting Brush and pat it under the eye area to really set all my concealer in place before taking a Make Up Revolution F104 Brush to dust it down the centre of my face and along my jawline.

Onto mascara and usually I'm the most unfaithful to mascara. I can alternate between two or three different ones on a daily basis but ever since it's launch I've been seriously loving the Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Angel Mascara. I don't know if it's the formula or the brush but this never fails to give me fanned out volumised lashes that stay in place all day long. A couple of quick goes with my eyelash curlers and a layer of this and my lashes are good to go.

Before we talk about the products can I please just apologise for the quality of this photo. Stanley my cat decided he wanted to try and photobomb me every chance he got. And as you can see he succeded. But back to the products. If you've been a long time reader of the blog then you'll know I'm a big fan of bright bold lips no matter the weather or the occasion. Well this may be a surprise to some but so far this year I've worn more nude lips than anything else. And my favourite combo at the moment comes from Rosie For Autograph. Her recently released Lip Definer in the shade Silk was the only lip liner I reached for in February alongside her Lipstick in the shade Silk Cami. There's just something about Rosie For Autograph Lip Products that I can't get enough of and for someone who loves a matte lip it's another surprise. These are a sheen finish lipstick but don't transfer, bleed or fade unevenly. I currently have seven and find myself rotating them daily.

I used to use a setting spray to set everything into place but since I purchased the Loreal Total Cover I've not needed a setting spray. If you're looking for a recommendation of a couple of good ones then definitely check out the Maybelline Setting Spray. Very fine mist, lightweight and hydrating on the skin. Another good one comes from Barry M in the form of their Matte Finish Fixing Mist. Sets make up to a matte finish, lightweight, locks make up in place all day and doesn't let oil break through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment