Tuesday 21 March 2017

Spring Lip Edit

Spring is finally here! It's time to say goodbye to those dark winter shades and embrace lighter, warmer shades to match the slightly warmer weather we're getting. Normally I struggle with this edit as I've never really had a lot of spring shades but this year I was overwhelmed and struggled to confine it to just five select lipsticks.

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in Brown Sugar
I never thought I could get away with wearing a brown lipstick but when Maybelline release their shade Brown Sugar that all changed. It's just a straight up brown shade that doesn't have any undertones running through it but looks stunning on a variety of skintones. This creamy matte formula means that it just glides onto the lips and whilst it doesn't completely dry down it doesn't transfer or dry lips out. I'd advise using a lip liner with this because it's creamy formula means it can feather and smudge if touched.

Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in Silk Cami 
The Rosie For Autograph range has such a stunning collection of lipsticks and I could easily fill all five places on this edit with them but I've been restrained and got it down to two, this first of which is the shade Silk Cami. It's not a brown nude but it's not a peach shade either. It's a hybrid of the two but can look either way depending on how the rest of your make up look. I love pairing this with the Rosie For Autograph Lip Definer in Silk to give it more a brown look. These have a satin finish to them that don't budge or become uncomfortable to wear throughout the day and reapplication is easy and fault free as well.

Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in Rosie Lips
A lipstick I didn't think would suit me but has become one of my favourite Spring Lips is the new Rosie For Autograph shade Rosie Lips. It's a deep pink that doesn't look like it will suit paler skintones but in fact does and looks stunning with flawless skin and big fluttery lashes. These lipsticks are a sheen finish but once they're on the lips they don't budge, bleed or slide everywhere. I'll definitely be getting a lot of wear out of this during the Spring and Summer Months.


Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina
A liquid lipstick I find myself reaching for a lot now the warmer weather has decided to grace us with it's presence comes from Stila. It's their bestselling shade Patina, a muted mauve pink shade. Because it is a liquid lipstick it can be drying on the lips but with a bit of lip balm underneath it can feel more comfortable on the lips. The doe foot applicator makes application easy and one thin coat leaves lips with a highly pigmented, opaque finish. I always use a lip liner with this just to make everything look a bit more precise.

NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar 
When I was choosing lipsticks for this edit I very nearly went with the Rosie For Autograph Lady Rose but then discovered this hidden in my collection. This is the NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar, it's a brilliant dupe for Lady Rose and a fraction of the cost. If you haven't seen Lady Rose, it's a dusky pink shade with hints of mauve running through it. And Whipped Caviar is the exact same shade. It's a comfortable long wearing matte lipstick that doesn't transfer, ball up or bleed along the lip line. And if this shade isn't for you then there are another 40 shades in the range which you'll surely find one that you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment