Thursday 23 March 2017

Review: GlamGlow Masks

When GlamGlow first launched in my local Boots I wasn't that interested due to the amount of hype they were recieving. But then my best friend Jasmin brought me this amazing set for my birthday and as soon as I used them I kicked myself for avoiding them for so long.

If you've never heard of GlamGlow it's a face mask brand that has a range of masks, each designed to tackle a specific skincare issue. There are masks for brightening, hydrating, blemish clearing and anti-ageing. These masks aren't designed for everyone due to the strength of the ingredients in them but when you find the one that works for you, you'll be blown away by the results. There are currently six masks in the range and currently I own four.

There is the Supermud Clearing Treatment. This is designed to clear away any blemishes or any blemish creating bacteria that can linger deep down in pores. It contains This is not one for people with sensitive skin as it does tingle when applied. After every use of this skin look poreless and purified without being dried out or clogged up. I personally love using this as a spot treatement rather than an all over face mask as it really helps bring any under the skin blemishes to the surface and any noticeable blemishes are cleansed and on their way to clearing up.

Then there is the Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Mask. This one is definitely not one for people with sensitive skin. When applied it tingles on the skin as it works to loosen and exfoliate away any dead skin, revealing softer, smoother feeling skin after every use. This is a perfect once a week or before a big event mask. I wouldn't advise using this too often as it could be quite drying on the skin, but that's where the next mask could come in handy.

And that mask is the Thirstymud Hydrating Mask. This is the only leave on mask in the range and works wonders on the skin. It's divine smelling formula gently sinks into skin to leave it feeling calmed, soothed, hydrated and brightened. And the longer you leave it on the better the results on the skin. It's perfect to wear overnight, especially before a big day or event that you have coming up. It's thick so a thin layer is all you need to really quench your skin.

And finally there is the Gravitymud Firming Mask. This is one of the harder to purchase masks from them but it's results are brilliant. A bright silver white mask a thin layer of this dries down to a peel off formula. And unlike a lot of other peel off masks this can actually come off in one go. And you can see the results as soon as you peel this off. Skin looks toned, firm and plump to the touch. If you have more mature skin this will be brilliant to give skin back the plump feeling it can sometimes lose. And if you go a little mad on Snapchat whilst wearing this mask and bombard friends with endless selfies of you in it then I won't be judging you as I do exactly the same.

Overall out of the four I own my favourite has to be the Thirstymud Hydrating Mask. The clearing masks are nice but sometimes they're a bit too much for my skin and I have other charcoal based masks that I prefer. And I try not to use the Gravitymud Firming Mask as it's so hard to get a hold of. GlamGlow is an expensive brand so it's picking the right mask for you is important. And when you pick the right mask the results will make the price irrelvant and you'll find yourself frantically repurchasing it when you come to the end of one pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment