Thursday 16 March 2017

Review: NYX Matte Lipsticks

Last year my local Boots finally got a NYX stand. And on that stand they had tons and tons of lip products. The first to grab my attention of course was the Soft Matte Lip Creams which you can find a review of  here.And from there I moved onto their Matte Lipsticks which after the Soft Matte Lip Creams are some of NYX's best lip products.

There are 45 shades in the range in total and so far I've picked up three of them, starting with Whipped Caviar. It's a beautiful dusky mauve shade which is a perfect dupe for the Rosie For Autograph lipstick in Lady Rose.

Then there is Alabama a gorgeous red shade that has a hint of brown running through it.

And finally there is Perfect Red which is pretty much the perfect red shade. It's got that classic blue tone running through it which makes perfect for every skintone.

These lipsticks are creamy and just glide onto the lips. They're opaque in one swipe and there's no need to build them as they're that highly pigmented. It's not an uncomfortable matte finish and they don't drag when you apply them like some drier matte finish lipsticks do. Once you've applied these you can press your lips together and they won't transfer or peel away like some matte lip products do. And once they're in place they do not budge. Like seriously don't budge. I ate a greasy burger wearing one and it didn't transfer or even look like I'd eaten anything at all.

I'd advise wearing a lip liner with these not because they feather or bleed but because they're so strongly pigmented they need to be really defined to stand out the way you want. And even with a lip liner these don't become dry or flaky looking like others have a tendency to do. These are the same price as lipsticks from Rimmel and Loreal but I'd have to say their a lot higher quality for their price tag than some others. I may only have three shades right now but you can guarantee I will be adding even more to my collection when I'm next at a NYX stand. If you're looking for a matte lipstick that is comfortable and long wearing then give these a swatch when you visit NYX next, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment