Tuesday 14 March 2017

Top 5 Products From Maybelline

Back in October I started a series where I took you through my five favourite products from some of my favourite brands. The end of the year and the beginning of this year has been busy with new releases and creating new content so it's only now I'm getting round to adding the second post to this series. Today I'm sharing my five favourites from one of my favourite make up brands, Maybelline.

The Eraser Eye Concealer 
Let's start with my ultimate holy grail item from Maybelline. This concealer is one that never leaves my daily make up bag because it never fails to amaze me. It's sponge tip deposits the right amount of product and is a lot gentler on the under eye area than some doe foot applicators. It may only come in two shades but they suit a whole spectrum of skintones and undertones. This one tube can last a good three months as you only need a small amount of this to cover the under eye area. I've gone through countless tubes of this already and know I'll be going through even more in the future.

The Colossal Go Extreme Leather Black Mascara 
Maybelline have a fantastic range of mascaras. Their Lash Sensational, Push Up Angel, Push Up Drama and Falsies Ranges are brilliant but there is only one mascara from Maybelline that I've repurchased more than once. And that is the Go Colossal Leather Black Mascara. It's tapered end, barrel shaped bristle brush gives lashes such length and volume with such little product. It's drier formula means you can layer this without clumps and without removing any exsisting product. One layer gives a stunning natural day look but a second layer gives lashes a bigger boost and even rivals the look of false lashes. I'm always recommending this mascara to friends and customers alike because it's just one of the best out there. And once it's opened and begins the drying out process it only gets better.

SuperStay Make Up Locking Setting Spray 
Maybelline do really well throughout their entire brand. Their mascaras are good as are their base products and this setting spray is testiment to that. A part of their SuperStay Range this fine mist setting spray locks make up in place for up to 24 Hours whilst allowing skin to breathe and keeping oil and cakey-ness at bay. Everytime a high street brand brings out a setting spray I'm quick to try it but I always find myself coming back to this one. There's something about it's lightweight fine mist that just really holds make up in place but doesn't feel like it's clogging pores or weighing down skin. A little goes a long way but saying that I've gone through about three nearly four bottles already and am in serious need of a new bottle.

SuperStay Make Up Extending Primer
Whilst we're talking about their SuperStay Range let's move onto their latest release into the range. Their SuperStay Primer had to be one of the best primer releases in a while. This primer is ridiculoulsy lightweight in formula and texture. It's thin consistency hydrates the skin as well as prepping it for any base products you lay over top. It's skin coloured liquid blurs and perfects skin meaning you could get away with wearing this on a good skin day. It doesn't dry down but does leave skin feeling tacky which means it really grabs and holds onto foundation, concealer, etc. This was only released back in January but I'm already halfway through my second bottle it's that good.

Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks
And this last one I'm kind of cheating with. I couldn't chose just one shade of the Creamy Matte Lipsticks so I decided to do them as a whole. These lipsticks are some of the best on the high street. Opaque in one swipe, long lasting and ultra comfortable to wear these lipsticks give any look that bold punch it can sometime be needing. Whilst these have a matte finish they're not drying or uncomfortable and if you need to reapply then you can without worrying about having to redo your whole lip look. I can't pick an all time favourite but I have worn Brown Sugar, Burgundy Blush and Rich Ruby more than a lot of the other lipsticks in my collection. Definitely give them a swatch when your at a Maybelline stand next.

No comments:

Post a Comment