Tuesday 28 February 2017

The Foundation That Made Me Break Up With Dior

Late last year I went on the search of a new foundation. I wanted something that could cover my redness, look natural and still let my skin breath. I thought I'd found the perfect foundation in the shape of the Dior Star Foundation. It covered my redness, let my skin breath and looked flawless yet natural. Sure it was pricey but I was so happy with the results I didn't mind the price tag. Fast forward to the beginning of last month and my relationship with Dior went right out the window.

And that's because Loreal launched their new Infallible Total Cover. This is a high coverage, matte finish foundation that claims to be able to cover redness, unever skintone and even tattoos. It's lightweight in feel and texture and doesn't clog pores. The only downfall to this foundation is that is only comes in seven shades and the jump from pale to medium then medium to dark is quite big. It does mean that some skintones may not be able to find the perfect shade for them which is quite disappointing.

I chose the shade 9 Light Sand, it looks darker than the shade Poreclain but that's only because it has more of a yellow undertone where as Porcelain has a pink undertone. Shade 9 suits my skintone perfectly and doesn't need a ridiculous amount of blending down my neck to look seamless. I'd prefer this if it came in a pump bottle as occasionally I do find myself using too much product. A dense flat topped brush is perfect for blending this out and creates an even, flawless base. I can sometimes have really bad redness but this covers it up and doesn't look cakey or unnatural on the skin. Once it's blended out skin looks flawless and shine free but if your prone to oily skin then I'd recommend powdering to set it in place.

I have never been so surprised by a foundation. This doesn't cling to any dry patches, doesn't fade throughout the day and doesn't look cakey if layered. I wore this for about two solid weeks and then decided to go back to my Dior for a day. Compared to the Loreal, the Dior was streaky and didn't give as good a coverage. Overall I wasn't happy with how my make up looked and went straight back to my Loreal the next day. And day after day my make up always look fresh and flawless everytime I use this foundation. And the best bit about this foundation, it comes in at under a tenner. A big difference from the likes of Dior or Bobbi Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment