Sunday 26 February 2017

Monthly Favourites: February

I know I say this every month but where has time gone. It only seems like February began last week. But even though this month has felt short it's still given me plenty of time to find plenty of favourites.

Rosie For Autograph Lip Definer in Silk 
My first favourite this month has to be one of the new Rosie For Autograph Lip Definers. If you didn't know she released six lip definers shades to coinside with her lipstick collection. I have the shde Silk which is a deep mauve brown toned shade which works perfectly with a ton of nude lipsticks. I have never known a lip liner be so creamy. It just glides onto the lips and doesn't tug or pull at all. And the pigmentation is ridiculous, the tiniest of swipes and you have an opaque line that is crisp and precise. I'm definitely going to have pick up more shades in this range.

 Rosie For Autograph Lipstick in Silk Cami
Another Rosie For Autograph product I've been loving is one of her original lipsticks in Silk Cami. It's a beautiful peachy nude shade that not only looks stunning on my fair skintone but will also look stunning on darker skintones as well. It's a sheen finish lipstick but dries down to an almost satin/demi matte finish. I have quite a few lipsticks from Rosie For Autograph and all of them including this one are comfortable and long wearing. I always find myself reaching for these lipsticks over any of my others.

 Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Rollerball
This I've only had since Wednesday but I'm already loving it. My best friend Jasmin went to New York this month and ever so kindly brought me back the Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Rollerball. And I'm in love already. With notes of Musk and Peony this is floral and fresh but isn't too overpowering or sickly. A little bit goes a long way and once it's warmed on your skin you'll really notice it. Due to it's hard to buy nature this will be going alongside my Gucci Bamboo as a special occasion fragrance.

Primark Handbag
For the longest time I've been looking for a new handbag. I saw one in New Look but wasn't too sure if it was really me which essentially was too long to decide and I couldn't get it anywhere when I wanted it. So this year I've been trying to find something similar to that one and I've finally found it. This Primark Handbag is absolutely stunning and so so spacious. It doesn't have a zip fastening but it's locking mechanism is secure enough for it to not be a worry. Inside is just one big pocket that fits so much in it it's unbelievable. I took this out on a recent day trip to London and was impressed by how much I could actually fit in here. It's a little nicer looking than some of my other handbags but it goes well with so many outfits and has the ability to pull some looks together just so.

Loreal Total Cover Foundation
If you were reading the blog late last year you may remember I fell in love with the Dior Star Foundation. Well that was all well and good until Loreal released their new Total Cover Foundation. This claims to be able to cover up redness, uneven skintone and even tattoos, claims I was a bit sceptical of. But boy was I surprised. This is a very full coverage, matte finish foundation that covers redness, uneven skintone and tattoos. However instead of being cakey or heavy looking on the skin, it's extremely lightweight and natural looking; as well as a full coverage foundation can. I haven't even gone back to my Dior Star since this took up residence in my collection and I dare say I don't think I will.

Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Angel Mascara 
A mascara I was surprisingly obsessed with this month comes from Maybelline. It's their new The Falsies Push Up Angel Mascara and whilst it's ultra thin, one sided wand makes it look like it wouldn't work on lashes, it actually does. It's multi bristle wand catches every lash and pushes them up and out to create a fanned out volumised look. It's a very wet mascara so you can easily layer it without it clumping but sneeze whilst applying and you're in trouble.

Loreal Pure Clay Glow Scrub
Last month Loreal released their Pure Clay Face Wash range. And within that range the released the Pure Clay Glow Scrub. It has exactly the same formula as the face mask but in scrub form. And boy does this scrub work. It's thin consistency makes you believe that it won't be effective but when you start to massage it into the skin it really gets to work and it's gritty texture works well to remove any texture or dead skin that's there. I used to be a big fan of Olay's face scrub but apart from one slightly stronger scrub I've been reaching for this more times than not.

Garnier Moisture Bomb Gel Cream 
I've been a fan of the Garnier Moisture Bomb range for a while so when I saw they'd released another cream into the range I just had to grab it. This is a water based gel cream that claims to add a healthy glow to the skin as well as locking in moisture all day long. And it really does. I normally don't use these types of products under my make up but I've been really enjoying this to add some extra hydration to my skin before I apply my base.

Garnier Micellar Gel Wash
Another new skin release I've been loving is this Garnier Micellar Gel Wash. It contains the same dirt grabbing technology that the Micellar Water contains but in wash form. I was quite nervous about trying this as I never got on with the original micellar water but so far I've had no problems with this. It foams up on the skin when you add water but never leaves skin feeing tight or dry after you've washed it away. I've been loving this for a second cleanse after make up or as an intial cleanse on bare skin.

Soap and Glory Scrub Your Nose In It AHA Scrub
The other scrub I've been loving this month come from Soap and Glory. This is their Scrub Your Nose In It Scrub which contains a mixture of AHA's that work together to exfoliate and refine pores. This looks and smells like toothpaste and is very strong on the skin. If you have very reactive or sensitive skin then I recommend staying away from this as it's very potent. It tingles as you massage it into skin and continues to do so as you leave it on for 1-2 minutes. Once it's washed away skin feels slky soft and revitalised.

Barry M Lip Kit in Runway 
And the last favourite of the month comes from Barry M. This is one of their limited edition lip kits which is very similar to the Kylie Lip kits but a good half the price. I have the shade Runway which is a stunning deep pink shade, perfect for a whole array of skintones. The kit comes with a lip liner and matching liquid lipstick. The lip liner is ridiculously creamy and easy to apply, definitely one that could be worn on it's own and the liquid lipstick is thin and lightweight in consistency. Together they create the most beautiful combination. Plus both are long lasting, comfortable to wear and easier to reapply. I'm definitely going to pick up another shade or two of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment