Sunday 12 February 2017

Review: Garnier Micellar Gel Wash

 
For the longest time people have been raving about the Garnier Micellar Water but it was a product I just couldn't get along with. So to say I was a bit dubious about trying the Gel Wash was an understatement. However I've been pleasantly surprised by Garnier's new release.

It comes in two formulas. One for Normal/Sensitive skin and the other for Combination/Oily skin. This is a thin consistency gel wash that contains Micellar particles that grab onto make up and dirt as you rub this into your face. It washes away with a flannel or muslin cloth to reveal smooth, soft skin that doesn't feel tight or irritated. Whilst it does foam up on the skin, it's not the kind of foam that would cause skin to breakout or feel aggravated so if you have sensitive skin and are worried about it harming skin then you should be fine but of course everyone's skin is different so what may work for me might not work for everyone else.

As I said I was dubious about trying this. I'd not had good results with the Micellar Water and expected to get the same results from this. However I've been using this for a while now and haven't had any breakouts on my face. This doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry after each use and it removes all of my make up in one go. You can even go in and use this again as a second cleanse and it won't cause any issues with your skin. I'd advise against using this on your eyes as I'm not sure if it would irritate them but it does state on the bottle it can be used to remove eye make up.

Overall I really like this product. I like the fact it comes in a pump as it means you're less likely to waste product and it's easier to dispense with each use. Whilst it's a nice cleanser that removes make up and works well on bare skin it's not a product I think I'd rush to use every night or repurchase when it runs out. I have other cleansers and face washes that I much prefer even it means spending a bit more on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment