Tuesday 7 February 2017

Revlon Does Matte Lips

For the last year I've been doing a series of posts on high street brands and their matte lip products. I've already tried Loreal, Rimmel and Maybelline and today is the turn of Revlon. Revlon sometimes gets forgotten when it comes to lip products but they do actually have one of my favourite lip products on their stand.

Now Revlon don't have a lot to offer matte lip wise but there is some which is a lot more than some brands. The first offering they have is, comes in the form of their Colorburst Matte Balms. These are some of my favourite lip products on the high street and I'm always recommending them when people ask me for a matte lipstick. They were some of the first high street chubby stick lip products after Clinique originally released their Chubby Sticks. There is a huge shade range of these and are well worth their £8.99 price tag. Highly pigmented, opaque in one swipe and long lasting but not uncomfortable these were some of the first decent matte lip products on the high street. There is a shade in the range that will suit everyone including personal favourites Sultry and Fiery. They do have peppermint smell to them but it doesn't translate to the lips or cause any irritation to lip while you're wearing them. I personally wear them with a bit of lip balm underneath and a light outline of lip liner to give a statment lip without being too over the top.

A recent release from Revlon to add to their matte lip collection comes in the form of their Ultra HD Matte Lipsticks. This was Revlon's addition to the ever growing trend of liquid lipsticks but these turned out to be a bit of a fail. Sure they're a liquid, they're a highly saturated dose of colour but they are not matte. They don't even dry down to a demi matte or satin finish. Sure with a lot of work and a dry finish lip liner you might be able to get it to stay in place but if you're a lot like me and can't be bothered with that much faff then these are ones I'd give a miss. It's a shame as well as they've just released four new beautiful shades, a couple of which are screaming my name.

The only other matte lip products Revlon have to offer are they're Super Lustrous Lipsticks. I don't own any of these in the matte finish as the colours aren't colours I'd personally wear. From swatching them on the back of my hand they're drier in texture than the Colorburst Matte Balms but not that dry you can't wear them at all. I think a lot of prep would be necessary before wearing these as they would show any imperfections on the lips.

Overall Revlon is one of the better brands on the high street for matte lip products. They have a small range but they are all good quality products that are worth their price tags. My personal favourites are the Colorburst Balms but that doesn't mean the other matte lip products aren't any good. You may love them but I personally think they just don't work for me. Alongside Maybelline I'd have to say that Revlon is one of my favourite brands for lip products on the high street.



No comments:

Post a Comment