Tuesday 21 February 2017

Top 5: Liquid Lipsticks

Liquid lipsticks have been big for a while now and don't look like their going anywhere soon. A lot of brands are attempting to create their own versions. Some brands fail spectacularly whilst others shine bright. So today I thought I'd share five of my favourite liquid lipsticks so you all have an idea of where to spend and where to save.

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw
Kat Von D has to have one of the best liquid lipstick formulas I've tried. It's lightweight, long lasting and comfortable to wear. It's doe foot applicator has enough flexibility to it that it makes application easy but it's not that bendy that it goes everywhere. One thin coat of these liquid lipsticks is enough for a completely opaque finish that once dried down doesn't budge. I only own Outlaw at the moment but am definitely going to be picking up a few more shades in the future.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso 
Another red liquid lipstick that I absolutely adore comes from Stila. This has a slightly more dry formula but it's still stunning and long lasting. It can be uncomfortable to wear but it all depends on your lips when you apply this. I always make sure to exfoliate and prep my lips thoroughly before I apply this. It's a bright tomato red shade that I reach for all year round. I've actually worn this that many times I'm already on my second tube.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Serenata 
Another Stila liquid lipstick I adore is Serenata. Unfortunately this is a limited edition shade so whilst I absolutely adore this shade I have to wear it sparingly. If you're looking for a twist on the normal nude shade this is perfect. It has a greige undertone to it that just adds something a little extra to it. Again it's a slightly drier consistency and can be very unforgiving on the lips but if you prep your lips well enough then this will sit perfectly in place all day.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Rome
Now I don't know if this counts as a liquid lipstick but I consider it to be one as it does dry down and doesn't budge once in place. The NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams can be slightly hit and miss all depending on the colour you chose but if you get a good one then you're onto a winner. The shade Rome is a stunning neutral shade that even as a nude shade makes any look pop. It's long wearing, opaque in one coat and comfortable to wear. I love popping this on with a bit of BB Cream and mascara to just pull it all together.

NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Exotic 
And finally the NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks are some of the better liquid lipsticks the high street has to offer. If you're into your ultra nudes then this range is perfect for you. I have the shade Exotic and sometimes find this can be a struggle to wear color wise but when I manage to pull it off I absolutely love it. It's more a dry consistency than the Soft Matte Lip Creams but with enough prep it looks gorgeous on the lips. It's doe foot applicator reminds me a lot of the Kat Von D applicator, flexible but not to the point where it'll end up everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment