Sunday 5 February 2017

Review: Liz Earle Face Masks

Since early last year I've been using Liz Earle products. I'm a massive fan of both the Cleanse and Polish and the Instant Skin Boost Spritzer. But I wanted to try more and around the time of Christmas gifts arriving on shelves I spotted the Liz Earle Face Masks Gift Boxes. I put these both on my list and was lucky to recieve both. Now I'm a big fan of face masks and try a lot reguarly so I had high hopes for these and luckily for me they didn't disappoint.

There are two main face masks in Liz Earle's range. One is brightening and the other is nourishing. The first one I tried was the Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask. This has Apricot Kernel, Geranium Oil and Comfrey. It's designed to cleanse deep into pores and help purify skin whilst keeping skin feeling hydrated and soft. A little bit of this goes a long way which works well as you only need a thin layer of this to work it's magic. Leave it on for fifteen minutes and then wash it off with a warm wet muslin cloth or flannel. This is a nice mask and it leaves skin feeling soft, supple and clean but other than that it didn't really wow me. When I think of nourishing masks I think of thicker consistencies that are left to sink in rather being washed away. Maybe I need to use this more to make it work for my skin but if you have sensitive skin that works well with Liz Earle products then this would definitely suit you.

The other face mask is the Brightening Treatment Mask. This contains Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera and White Clay. This is a very quick mask, it's only supposed to stay on the skin for two minutes maximum. It's a little thicker in consistency than the nourishing mask but you still only need a little bit as it's so effective on the skin. This will tingle on the skin but that just means it's working. Thirty seconds to two minutes is the time you're supposed to leave this on for and then with a wet muslin cloth or flannel wash it away. This will leave your skin feeling revitalised, smooth, soft and radiant looking. It'll help the appearence and feel of any texture you may have and brightens skin in an instant. If you have sensitive skin though it's advised you don't use this mask because of it's quick tingle fix but if you're face can handle the GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment then using this should be fine.

Overall I really like these masks, they work nicely with my skin type and leave my skin feeling refreshed and ready for anything. The Brightening Treatment Mask is probably my favourite of the two as you can really feel it working on your face. If you have sensitive skin then the Nourishing Mask will be more up your street. They are a pricier face mask but seeing the results almost instantaneously makes the price worth it. And if you're into your natural skincare products that really love the skin I'd definitely recommend trying them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment