Saturday 18 February 2017

Haul: New Releases and More

First off I would like to apologise for the lack of posts this week. A mixture of not feeling a hundred percent and some family issues meant that I lacked the drive to post. However I'm feeling better now and normal posting will resume on Monday. But as I was putting away some purchases I made today I realised that my New In Box was brimming with bits I'd picked up over the last few weeks. So I thought I'd bung them all into one giant haul for you today, not only so you can see what new releases there are but also to make up for the lack of posts last week.

Let's start with skincare. Loreal has released a new range called Fine Flowers. It contains Rose and Jasmine extracts and is designed for dry to sensitive skin. There are two cleansers, a toner and face wipes in the range. I picked up one of the cleansers. This isn't like most cleansers, instead of washing it off over a sink with a flannel you use a cotton pad to rub it into and remove from the skin. I'm not usually a big fan of these types of cleansers but this one sounded a lot different to others on the market so I picked one up to try.




Recently I've been trying out different cleansing balms to see which work best. High Street Beauty Brands don't offer as many choices as higher end brands so I was pleased to see Sanctuary offering their own version of a balm. This supposed to warm as you rub it into the skin and help purify the skin whilst removing make up and daily dirt and grime. This is a very hard balm that takes some working into the skin but it does remove all signs of make up in one use.





I'm a big fan of facial mists so when I saw that Garnier was releasing one I knew I had to pick one up. It's a part of their Moisture Bomb range and contains Hyaluronic Acid and Pomegranate Extract to hydrate the skin whilst simultaneously protecting the skin. So far I'm on the fence about this product but definitely need to use it more to get a real feel for it.








A repurchase that I had to make comes in the form of my holy grail eye cream. I received a sample of the Skyn Iceland Icelandic Eye Cream. This is one of the best eye creams I've ever tried. It's significantly reduced the look of my dark circles, any puffiness and any signs of ageing that there was. No other eye cream has wowed me as much as this one has and even though it's price tag makes me cry ever so slightly it's so well worth it. Plus I received a sample pack of their Cooling Gels with any purchase which itself was worth £10.




Some face mask repurchases I've made are the Boots Ingredients Sheet Masks. These are very lightweight sheet masks that stay in place and work wonders for the skin. I picked up another of the Super Hyaluronic mask and the Rooibos mask. And then I picked up another of the Garnier Repairing Honey Mask. I tried this for the first time this week and absolutely loved it. It left my skin feeling super soft and nourished, plus I didn't have to fanny about with washing it off.





Another repurchase comes in the form of the Maybelline SuperStay Primer. I brought this when it first came out and instantly fell in love with it. It's very liquidy in consistency, easy to apply, leaves skin feeling velvety soft and tacky to grab onto any base product you put on over top. I've used this everyday since I brought it and am not surprised that I've run out of it.









A lot of brands are bringing out their own versions of Colour Corrector products but none of them have caught my eye like the Barry M Colour Correcting Wands. There are three in the collection but I only picked up the two that my skin need. The yellow shade helps eradicate dark circles, something I occasionally need help with and the green helps reduce the appearance of redness, something I need most days. They're very thin in consistency and blend out nicely so I'm assuming they will sit nicely under base products. And because I spent over £8 on Barry M I received the Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit for free. I've never contoured before but now I have this kit I may give it a go.

 A foundation that I instantly fell in love with is this Loreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation. It's lightweight in feel, high in coverage and matte in finish. It claims to be able to cover tattoos and extreme cases of redness. And most of it's claims are true. I'm seriously in love with this foundation. It covers my redness, doesn't look cakey on the skin, doesn't feel pore clogging and lasts all day long. And the best bit it's the third of the price of my once favourite Dior Star Foundation.




I picked up another of my Collection Pressed Powders. I go through this quicker than any other product but I don't mind as it only cost £2. But don't think it's bad quality because of it's price tag. It's lightweight, natural on the skin and doesn't oxidise on the skin like some pressed powders do.
I also brought a MUA Transparent Pressed Setting Powder to try. I'm not sure if I'm going to enjoy it because it's even whiter than my Collection Powder. However I will get back to you once I've given it a fair trial.



All that is left is lip products and as usual with me there is a lot of them. To start I brought these two liquid lipsticks from Barry M. They've recently released three limited edition Lip Kits, each very similar to the Kylie Lip Kits, containing a lip liner and coinciding liquid lipstick. And then they've released five liquid lipsticks which are permanent. I of course picked up the red shade and from swatching them on the back of my hand, I'm impressed. Very liquidy and lightweight, these dry down but don't feel dry or uncomfortable on the lips.


I took a trip to London this week and popped into a little beauty shop that caught my attention. I'm very glad I went in as they stocked Milani as well as other American brands. They had the Amore Matte Lip Creams and of course I had to buy one. I brought the shade Precious which is a stunning pink nude shade. I could have gone for the red but it swatched slightly patchy on the back of my hand. I'm looking forward to wearing this as I'm really having a nude lip moment.




Even though I haven't been wearing a lot of red lipsticks I've still picked some up. This gorgeous off red shade from Loreal is not only perfect for now but also perfect for the upcoming warmer months. It's a part of the new matte lipstick collection from Loreal and swatches beautifully. I'm not to keen on the Loreal lipstick scent but it's something I can easily overlook that when it looks so good on the lips.







And finally I've picked up quite a few new bits from the new Rosie For Autograph releases. She's released three new lipstick shades (pictured) and five lip liner shades. I only picked up on lip liner as it was the only one that swatched nicely out of them all. It's in the shade Silk which works well with quite a few of her existing lipstick shades. I've thoroughly enjoyed wearing this under her shade Silk Rose for a stunning nude lip.
The three new lipstick shades are stunning. From left to right you have Sour Grapes, Rosie Lips and Vintage Rouge. Rosie Lips is the shade I'm most excited to wear as it has an interesting mauve tone to it and I think it'll look stunning on a multitude of skintones.

No comments:

Post a Comment