Monday 24 April 2017

Monthly Favourites: April


I know I say this nearly every month but where has time gone. April seems to have flown by. Though it may have something to do with the week and a half I spent fighting the worst viral infection possible that I've lost some time this month. However that hasn't stopped me from finding a few favourites this month, including a couple of non beauty favourites.

Rosie For Autograph Sheer Finish Complexion Enhancer
One of my most used products this month has to be the Rosie For Autograph Sheer Finish Complexion Enhancer. It's BB Cream/Moisturiser hybrid formula is breathable but covering and adds a healthy glow to the skin whilst letting look and feel like skin. Applied with fingertips, this has been my go to base for the month and came in handy a lot when I was ill.

Loreal Color Riche Matte Lipstick in Brick Vintage
Most of this month I've been wearing my Rosie For Autograph Lipsticks but when I haven't been wearing them I've only been wearing one other lipstick. And that lipstick comes from Loreal. It's one of their Color Riche Matte Lipsticks that were rereleased earlier this year. Not only have they reformulated these lipsticks but have also added more shades all of which are stunning. I have the shade Brick Vintage which is a stunning orange red shade that can be worn no matter the season and look gorgeous. Their velvet matte finish is beyond comfortable and they're non transferable coverage means I haven't had to worry about unnecessary touch ups.

Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz
April has been a good month for skincare. I've found so many amazing new skincare products and haven't been able to stop using them. The first is this Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz, a fine spray mist that soothes and revitalises skin. It's very comparable to the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer but doesn't ease or sooth redness as much as the Liz Earle. I've enjoyed using this in the evenings after I've taken my make up off to rid my skin of the tightness or dryness that cleansing sometimes leaves behind.

Loreal Hydra Genius Liquid Care Aloe Water
The second is the latest skincare release from Loreal. A part of their well reviewed Hydra Genius range, this water based serum has blown every other serum I own out of the water. Containing nothing more than Aloe Water and Hyaluronic Acid this gives skin an instantaneous moisture boost whilst helping skin retain moisture to slowly release later when skin needs it the most. It's very lightweight and watery in texture but sinks beautifully into skin and leaves skin feeling hydrated, soothed and soft to the touch. A full review of this will be coming soon.

Garnier SkinActive Rose Water Toner 
Garnier have recently revamped their SkinActive skincare range and released a whole host of products. I have most of these new releases as they really caught my eye but by far my favourite has been their Rose Water Toner. Perfect for when my skin is feeling more sensitive than normal this really leaves my skin feeling soothed and refreshed. Perfect for after clay based masks or make up removal this has been loving my skin as much as my skin's been loving it.

Fast and Furious 8
A non beauty favourite I've loved this month is Fast and Furious 8. I've been a fan of the series since I was thirteen and have made it my job to go and see every new film when it's released. And this past weekend I went to see Fast 8 with my best friend Jasmin. And we thoroughly enjoyed it, there were plenty of laughs, brilliantly choreagraphed car scenes as well as fight scenes. Plus you had the added bonus of new cast members Charlize Theron, Helen Mirren and Scott Eastwood that brought their own little something to the film. Also saw the return of Luke Evans in this film which promptly caused me and Jasmin to lose our shit as we weren't expecting that.

The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey/Desolation of Smaug
Another movie series I've been enjoying this month is The Hobbit. I'm a fan of the Lord of The Rings films but never got round to watching The Hobbit films. That was until Easter Weekend when there was nothing good on the telly. And I'm so glad I dug the DVD's out. Now I know that they're not to everyone's taste but if you like more sci-fi/fantasy based films then I'd highly recommend giving them a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment