Tuesday 11 April 2017

Product Empties: April

Back in January I posted my first empties of the year and decided from then on I'd post every sort of three months. So today I am back with another empties, I warn you now this is a long one so I'd get a cuppa and a biscuit to get you through it. Whilst photographing this all I was surprised by how much I managed to get through since my last empties.

Let's kick everything off with a couple of body scrubs. The first is the Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub. With a thick jelly like formula this scrub really works on skin and leaves it feeling soft after every use. Plus it smells divine and fills the bathroom with it's scent. I've lost count of how many of these I've gone through but I'm sure it'll feature again at some point.







The other scrub I finished comes from Palmers'. Their Cocoa Body Scrub is a little more gentle than the Soap and Glory Scrub and is more creamy in formula. It's smells heavenly as well and I love mixing the two together to give my skin a really good exfoliate.










This next item you're probably not surprised to see in an empties. I've lost count of the amount of bottles of this I've gone through. The Clean and Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion is my Holy Grail morning cleanser. Deep cleansing like it's name suggests and brilliant at waking skin up, I'm sure you'll be seeing more of these in future empties.








A facial spritz I finished comes from Liz Earle. Their Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer is the perfect toning mist for anyone with sensitive/reactive skin. Containing a whole host of natural ingredients including Aloe Vera, Calendula and Vitamin E, this spritz not only soothes but moisturises and preps skin for the rest of your skincare routine. Even if I find a budget option of this I will always have a bottle of this my collection it's that good.






Another facial spritz I finished is this one from B. It's their Hyaluronic Acid Facial Spritz and makes the perfect evening toning mist. It's concentrated Hyaluronic Acid formula not only adds and retains moisture but helps alleviate any feeling of tightness or dryness that cleansing may have caused. I've gone through countless bottles of this and will definitely be going through even more when the warmer weather makes its appearence.






A serum I finished not one but two bottles of is this Olay Instant Hydration Serum. It's silicone feeling formula creates a stunning base for make up whilst simultaneously hydrating skin and minimising signs of ageing. I've tried a few daytime serums but always come back to this as nothing else leaves my skin feeling as good as this does.








An evening serum I finished is this Clearly Youthful Hydrating Booster Serum. Containing Hyaluronic and Lactic Acid, this works to boost skins hydration instantaneously as well as retaining any further skincare products you apply over top. It's smell is something you have to overlook but I've been using this long enough it doesn't even bother me any more. Lost count of how many of these I've been through and don't know how many more I'll go through. Definitely one of my skincare staples.





A day cream I finished comes from Garnier. Their Moisture Bomb Day Cream is perfect for those non make up days where you really want to look after your skin. Containing Hyaluronic Acid and Pomergranate Extract this cream retains and slowly releases moisture throughout the day so skin always looks refreshed and moisturised.









Another Garnier Day Cream I finished was their Miracle Wake Me Up Cream. Containing Retinol and Micro Rice Peptides, this thick cream formula smooths away any signs of fatigue or signs of ageing whilst moisturising and refreshing the skin. I've loved this for after a face mask as it soothes skin and leaves it feeling even softer to the touch.








I finished my REN Evercalm Day Cream sample I recieved in my Marks and Spencer Advent Calender. This was nice and I did go and repurchase a travel sized tube but don't find myself reaching for this as much as it's scent is quite overpowering. And for a sensitive moisturiser I find it rather strange that it has such a strong fragrance to it.








I finished another bottle of my Hawaiian Tropic Facial SPF. This is oil free, non pore clogging and lightweight on the skin. It makes it perfect for my sensitive skin and means I don't have to be worried about not protecting my face. I've nearly finished another bottle of this already and have a back up on stand by as well.









A night cream I finished comes from Garnier. Their Moisture Restore+ Gel Cream is lightweight and hydrating but doesn't clog pores leave skin feeling greasy. I pop some of this on after I've taken my make up off and let it sink in before going in with my Miracle Sleeping Cream. I believe this is discontinued now but I have a few stashed away so you'll probably see a few more in my empties.







This SKYN Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream sample lasted three months which for it's size is amazing. It's jelly like formula melts upon touching the skin and leaves the under eye area looking and feeling hydrated and softer. I've purchased the full size version of this but I don't think you'll be seeing it in a empties for a while.









I finished a bottle of the Simple Dual Effect Eye Make Up Remover. The Nivea bio-phase eye make up remover used to be my favourite but this has very quickly overtaken that. It's formula is slightly oilier than the Nivea but it doesn't leave eyes feeling greasy or oily to touch and it removes all signs of make up, even waterproof mascara. I'm running low on my latest bottle so think I need to pick up a back up.







A product that won't be appearing in empties frequently are these Nip and Fab Pads. These are their Glycolic Fix Night Pads Extreme. Containing 5% Glycolic Acid as well as Lactic Acid, this loosen and remove dead skin cells leaving skin feeling smooth and soft to the touch. You only neeed to use them twice a week so this sixty pad pot lasts a long time.








I finshed three packs of face wipes. Now I don't use these to remove my make up but I do use them to remove any swatches I have on my hand and my lipstick at the end of a day. The Johnson's Pampering Wipes were effective and I didn't have to scrub at my lips but they did have a strong scent and taste which ended up in my mouth no matter what. The Clean and Clear Truly Gentle Wipes were nice and did the job but probably won't be ones I'd pick up again. And then the Garnier Micellar Oil Infused Wipes were my favourite. They broke down even the most long wearing liquid lipstick and didn't leave my lips feeling greasy or coated in oil. They also didn't have a strong scent or leave a nasty taste in my mouth if it happened to get in there.
Two of a few face masks I used are these new releases from Garnier. I've used them all but forgot to keep a lot of the packaging. The ones I did remember to keep were the Honey Mask and the Juicy Mask. Out of the two the Juicy Mask was the one I preferred. It felt like it was actually doing something to my skin. A full review of the whole range can be found here.








I have four sheet masks to show you in this empties and these are the first two. One is the Boots Ingredients Safflower and Peony Sheet Mask. This was a nice mask but was too saturated in products and ended up dripping everywhere even when it was time to be taken off. The other is the newly released Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask with Chamomile. This mask fit perfectly to the skin and didn't flap or fall off when I moved. I was quite poorly last week and this worked wonderfully to soothe my poor skin.




The other two sheet masks I used up were the 40 Winks Sheet Mask from Face Inc and the YesTo Tomato Detoxifying Charcoal Paper Mask. The Face Inc mask was a disappointment. It didn't fit to my face well and flapped around meaning I had to stop what I was doing for twenty minutes. And it never felt like it actually did anything for my skin. Not really worth it's £5 price tag.
The YesTo mask on the other hand was brilliant. It didn't exactly stay in place but I could still get on with stuff as it worked. And boy did it work. It gave me spots which isn't usually a good thing but it meant it had deep cleansed and pulled all the crap from skin. Definitely one I'd happily repurchase.

Some undereye gel patches I used up are these ones from Superdrug. They are more of a gel than a cotton texture and are very cooling and refreshing on the under eye area. I love using these when my eyes look particularly puffy or red. The only downfall is this pack only contains one pack of one use eye patches.









Another product I managed to finish two of is this Maybelline SuperStay Primer. It was only released at the beginning of the year but I'm already on my third bottle. It's a very lightweight flesh coloured liquid that hydrates, smoothes and primes skin perfectly. It doesn't dry down on the skin and it's tacky finish means it grabs brilliantly onto any base product you place over top. Definitely a product you'll be seeing a lot of in future empties.






Another primer I went through not one but two bottles of is this Barry M Hydro Fix Primer Water. This lightweight spray is perfect for locking in extra hydrating before you apply your base. It's also brilliant for wetting your beauty blender if it starts to dry out when your doing your make up.









Surprisingly I only finished one concealer this time around and it's my all time favourite from Maybelline. The Anti-Age Eraser Eye is one of the only concealers that covers my sometimes horrendous looking dark circles. I can't remember how many of these I've gone through but it's probably quite a lot.









I managed to finish another one of my Collection Pressed Powders. This is in the shade Ivory which is perfect for my fair complexion. It doesn't turn orange as I wear it and it's lightweight enough to be worn under the eyes as well as all over the face. I use this everytime I wear make up and have already hit pan on my latest powder already.








A lip liner I kept in my collection even though it was empty was this one from Rimmel. It's in their raved about shade East End Snob which is the perfect neutral shade. It's wind up action means it has a tendency to snap or break if dropped so you end up going through more product than is sometimes necessary.









I finished a pot of my go to lip balm. A lot of people don't like Carmex lip balms but I find they are the only ones that actually do something for my lips. Others like Vaseline and Nivea just sit on the lips and leave them feeling drier than they started off as.










This may not look like it's got to go in the bin but it does. Not only is it dirty and old but the bottom is starting to rip. And because of those rips I find it's not blending my make up out as well as it's absorbing more product than it's blending.









Something I rarely finish is perfume but I've finally finished my first bottle of the Rosie For Autograph Summer Rose EDP. This is another twist on her original EDP but with added notes of blackcurrant, jasmine and pear. Very light and fresh in scent this is perfect to wear during the day. I've already moved onto my second bottle of this which I made sure to purchase in a larger size.






And the last empties I have are all from Lush. I used up to Butterball Bath Bombs, one in the original form and the other in it's seasonal ButterBear form. This are nice and leave my skin feeling super soft after every use. Definitely going to be repurchasing more when I'm in Lush next. Then there is the Tisty Tosty Bath Bomb. This smelt nice, looked nice in the bath but fishing rose buds out of random places in my bath afterwards wasn't as nice. Not sure if I'd repurchase this one. And then there the Twilight Bath Bomb. This made my bath look amazing and I'd happily repurchase this because of how pretty it makes my bath look.

No comments:

Post a Comment