Sunday 16 April 2017

Review: Milani Amore Matte Lip Cream

For the longest time I thought that getting my hands on one of the Milani Amore Matte Lip Creams was impossible. Sure they were available on Amazon but I've always been a bit dubious about their origins. So I came to the conclusion that it just wasn't meant to be until I went to London for the day in February. And that's where me and friend discovered a discount outlet beauty store that not only stocked Milani but also LA Girl and other hard to find beauty brands at brilliant prices.

There were so many different shades to choose from and whilst I was automatically drawn to the darker red shades I forced myself to choose a lighter more spring like shade that could bring me out of my comfort zone some more. In the end I chose the shade Precious which is a stunning pink shade with peach undertones throughout it. It's not the usual colour I would go for but due to a surprising love of nude lips this year I decided to purchase it to add it to my ever growing collection of nude lip products.

This isn't one of those liquid lip products that has outrageous claims such as lasting 24 hours or having the most moisturising formula a liquid lip has ever had. This doesn't even call itself a liquid lipstick, it calls itself a cream which instantly changed my expectations when I first wore it. I expected it to be very much like the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams both in texture and wear on the lips. Initially upon application it didn't seem to have a similar formula of the SMLC but when you compare the two side by side they are very similar.

It glided beautifully onto the lips, it's standard doe foot applicator leaving behind a highly pigmented, opaque finish. Initially it felt sticky on the lips as do many liquid lip products but after a few seconds it dried down to a satin feeling finish that felt comfortable on the lips. It never felt completely dry on the lips and you could feel it when pressing your lips together but it didn't budge or smudge in the slightest. Wear wise this wore well, it didn't crumble, flake or fade even after eating and drinking. However it didn't feel as comfortable after a few hours as it did when first applied and it did show visible signs of drying lips out. Reapplication wasn't as easy as with other products and made the dry patches even more noticeable. I don't normally count down the hours until I can take a lip product off but after a few hours of wearing this I was grateful when I could take it off.

Overall this a nice lip product. It didn't blow my socks off or wow me like other lip products have done in the past but this is a nice product. It applied evenly, easily and wasn't streaky or too thick in formula. To begin with it sat comfortable on the lips but then deteriorated as hours passed and left lips dry and in dire need of lip balm. Sure a bit of lip balm underneath would probably help with that but often liquid lipsticks don't apply as well over top of lip balm and it's just more faff than it should be. If you don't mind putting a bit more effort in then these are definitely up your street. However if you're more of a one and done kind lip product lover these might not work for you. If you ever see them in a shop though definitely give them a swatch, the shade selection is stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment