Friday 28 July 2017

Review: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

When Neutrogena released their Hydro Boost range I was instantly hooked. The gel cleanser soon became a go to item product for me and the exfoliating smoothing gel took a while to get used but is now my favourite exfoliator. And of course I had to try one of their creams. Now it took me a while to not only decide between the two but also to go out and buy it. But I finally got my hands on last month and I've been loving it.

The Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturiser is a lightweight yet powerful hydrating moisturiser that claims to leave skin feeling hydrated and soft to the touch for up to 72 hours. Claiming to feel like water on the skin, this cream is lightweight enough to layer under make up but can still work well with skin when applied alone. Containing Hyaluronic Acid and not a lot else, this cream works deeper into skin than most moisturisers and instead of giving skin a quick fix this works over a longer period of time to make sure that skin stays hydrated all day long.

My only bug bear with this product is the smell. It smells quite chemical like and whilst it's not offence it does sort of linger even once I've rubbed the product in and it's one of the reasons I don't reach for it as much as I'd like to. Other than that I'm actually a big fan of this product. It's lightweight and doesn't feel like it's clogging my pores or weighing skin down. A little goes a long way and once it's absorbed into the skin, skin is left feeling hydrated, plump and soft to the touch. And instead of working for a few hours before disappearing and leaving skin feeling drier than it did originally. No a good five or six hours can pass and skin will not only feel hydrated and soft still but will look plump, hydrated and glowing still.

There is another Hydro Boost moisturiser in the range called the Gel Cream. It's more of a cream than a gel so is richer in texture and feeling on the skin. If you prefer a cream over gel based moisturiser then I'd highly recommend checking that one out instead but if you're skin prefers more lightweight products then the water gel will be right up your street.

No comments:

Post a Comment