Sunday 2 July 2017

Review: Pixi Vitamin Wake Up Mist

Pixi is a brand I've been wanting to try more from for a while but nothing was really appealing to me. Until I spotted the Vitamin Wake Up Mist. A spritz of the tester bottle and I knew I just had to have it.

The Vitamin Wake Up Mist is a lightweight fine mist infused with Orange Blossom, Lavender, Arginine and Citrus Fruit Extracts to revitalise and awaken skin. It can be used as part of your skincare routine to awaken, strengthen and tone skin but can also be used after make up to hydrate skin as well as creating a protective veil over the top. The fruity infusions means that skin not only feels hydrated, revitalised and awakened but also appears brighter and adds a glow to the skin that can even translate through any make up you apply over top.

This is a nice product but I'm not sure if it's something I'd reach for reguarly or purchase again. It smells divine and is really refreshing on the skin, something that's been perfect for the increasing temperatures here. It leaves skin feeling awake and refreshed but there are other toning mists out there that leave skin feeling exactly the same if not more refreshed and hydrated. It's a very fine mist that doesn't drench the skin but also doesn't leave skin feeling like it's done nothing either.

There is only 80ml of product in this bottle and if you use this both during your skincare routine and after make up then this goes down pretty quickly. I purchased this back at the end of May and have already gone through almost half a bottle of it, just using it in the morning as part of my skincare routine. And that to me is the one let down to this product. There are other toning mists that are better value for money such as the Liz Earle Instant Skin Boost Tonic Spritzer and the Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz. Sure they don't contain the same ingredients or claim to do the same thing as the Pixi but they are bigger bottles for less and work wonderfully on the skin. I'd say if you were a massive fan of Pixi as a brand then definitely go for this but if you're just in the market for a new toning spritz then I'd recommend you check out the Liz Earle, Botanics or even the B Beauty Hyaluronic Acid Spray, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment