Saturday 29 July 2017

Monthly Favourites: June

 
It's that time of the month again. And this month I've really struggled to pull together my favourites, not because I haven't been loving anything but a lot of what I've been loving has already been featured in a favourites or on the blog in general. However there were a few new pieces that I've been loving and a couple of non beauty favourites that I haven't been able to get enough of this month.

Let's start with the beauty favourites. First up is an oil from Rosie For Autograph. Her new Divine Miracle Oil is a stunning multi purpose oil that can be used in the bath, worn on the skin or in the hair. Scented with orange blossom, white flowers and sandalwood as well as containing vitamin e, camelina and sweet almond oil, this oil is absolutely gorgeous in the bath and scents the bathroom long after you've been in the bath. And whilst I've loved using it as a bath treat, the reason it's a favourite this month is for what it's done to my hair. A small amount of this run through the lengths and ends of my hair not only leaves it smelling divine but leaves it feeling smooth, soft and nourished. And it doesn't leave the hair looking or feeling greasy and that's down to it's lightweight texture and finish. It's the perfect product for an evening pamper.

Facial sprays/spritzs have been a big part of my routine this month and there have been two I've been loving. The first is the Pixi Vitamin Wake Up Mist. Containing Citrus Extracts and Lavender this facial spray can be used under make up to tone and refresh skin or over make up to hydrate and seal everything in place. It's orange blossom scent invigorates and energises the skin making it look brighter and more radiant. It's been perfect over the last couple of weeks in the heatwave the UK has had as it makes skin feel refreshed and cool but isn't too heavy or greasy feeling on the skin. However whilst I've loved it I'm not sure if I'd repurchase it when it runs out.

And the second spray I've been loving comes from Garnier. Their Moisture Bomb Multi Protecting Facial Spray with SPF 30 has been perfect for when I've been feeling lazy or not wanting the greasy feel of sunscreen on my face. Containing the same ingredients as the other products in the Moisture Bomb range, this spritz not only hydrates and refreshes the skin but protects it from both UVA and UVB rays. Now I know it's best to use a facial SPF but there have been days when I've just nipped down to the shops and don't want the feel of a somewhat greasy SPF on my face and this has been perfect for that. This spritz is lightweight but protecting and hasn't left my face covered in a nasty feeling film that makes me eager to wash away.

There have also been two moisturisers I've been thoroughly enjoying this month. The first is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Cream. Containing Hyaluronic Acid and not a lot else, this lightweight cream instantly boosts skin's hydration without making it look too wet or oily. However it's not just an instant boost, it actually holds moisture into the skin for longer and releases it slowly when it feel skin needs it most. It's a lot like the Garnier Moisture Bomb Water Gel Cream just without the glow booster. I've been enjoying this on days when I'm not wearing make up to just make my skin look well hydrated, plump and healthy.

And the other moisturiser I've been really enjoying this month comes from Garnier. Their Moisture Bomb Recharging Night Gel Cream has been a saviour this month when my skin has been feeling dry and tight. It's lightweight gel texture is packed full of hyaluronic acid and pomegranate extract and adds an instant boost of hydration, leaving skin feeling moisturised, soft and supple to the touch. This isn't one for people with oily skins as it is a lot like drenching skin with water and will obviously only create more oil for those with combo/oily skin types. Normal, Sensitive or Dry skintypes will love this as it's results are instantaneous and because it's a gel texture it's cooling on the skin as well which has been perfect for the heatwave we've been experiencing.

A mask I previously hadn't enjoyed but have found myself reaching for a lot this month comes from Pixi. Their Glow Mud Mask has been a brilliant for giving my skin a detox without being to harsh or stripping. With the same formula as the Glow Mud Cleanser, this mask not only helps purify skin but revitalises and soothes at the same time. It's perfect for bringing out those pesky under the skin pimples that hurt for ages but never want to go away. I've enjoyed using this to really deep cleanse my skin when it feels like it's congested.

The only make up favourite I've been loving this month is this rediscovery from Loreal. I'm already a big fan of their Volume Million Lashes Feline Mascara and had tried the So Couture before losing it in my mess of make up. I wasn't initially impressed but when I was decluttering my beauty stash I discovered it again and fell in love with it. With a tapered plastic bristle brush this catches even the tiniest of lashes and lifts them up into a natural but defined curl that doesn't droop or fall after a few hours. It doesn't require a lot of work to make it look good and it's formula whilst wet enough to work with doesn't smudge or flake off when dried. For the time being it's definitely replaced my Miss Hippie Mascara.

A non beauty favourite of mine this month has been Lady Antebellum's new album Heartbreak. It's different to their previous albums but still has that catch to it that is completely Lady A. There is the obvious favourites such as You Look Good and Heartbreak which are amazing, catchy and will get stuck in your head for hours but it's other songs such as Army, Good Time To Be Alive and Big Love In A Small Town that are my real favourites. There is something about the tone of these songs that really stay after they've finished and I find myself humming to them even after they've finished.

And my other non beauty favourite is Munroe's new album Oblivion. Good Name is probably my favourite track on the album but I love all the songs and have had it on repeat since I downloaded it. If you haven't heard of Munroe, she's an amazing singer/songwriter who's more alternative and folksy but not in a weird way like some other more alternative artists are. All of her songs have a meaning behind them and all leave a lasting impressions which will make you want to replay them over and over again but will also have you humming them without noticing. I didn't think I could love anything more than I love her first self titled EP but this new album has just knocked it out of the park. Between this and Heartbreak my other music hasn't had a look in. I can't wait to see what she releases next.

No comments:

Post a Comment