Tuesday 1 August 2017

Monthly Favourites: July

It's Monthly Favourites time! Last month's favourites was rather small for various reasons so I'm making up for it this month. The first favourite this month is saying goodbye to the most hideous toothache I've ever had. I had to have a tooth removed at the end of June but couldn't put the pure relief it brought along with it in June's Favourites as I'd already posted it by the time I had my tooth out.

This month I've been enjoying my skincare a lot more. When I had my toothache my skin went downhill because I was more focused on the pain than looking after the rest of me. However since it came out, I've been back on the skincare bandwagon and to say my skin looks better for it is an understatement. And there has been a couple of cleansers that I really think have helped get my skin back to it's best. The first is this Botanics Hydration Dual Action Cleanser. I've been really enjoying this for taking my make up off. It's thick gel formula really works to break down my make up and removes it without clogging or weighing down my skin. This last month it's been my go to intial cleanse, it's gel to milk formula not only removing all of my make up but giving skin a hydration boost at the same time.

The next cleanser I've been loving comes from Murad. Their Essential-C Cleanser has seen more love for both inital cleanses and second cleanses than any other cleanser this month. It's orange scented and Vitamin C enriched formula really has left my skin feeling refreshed and revigorated every time I've used it. It's very thin in consistency, feels very lightweight on the skin and doesn't foam or soap up which makes it feel like it's actually cleanses my skin instead of stripping it of all it's goodness.

Another Botanics product I've been loving this month is their All Bright Serum Concentrate. Their All Bright Serum Concentrate has really helped improve both the texture and the look of my skin this month. Containing a natural exfoliant that helps to retexturise the skin with every us, I've been loving layering this and the Simple Hydrating Booster under my night moisturiser so that in the morning my skin looks brighter but also feels hydrated at the same time.

A product I wasn't sure I was going to love as much as I do comes from Simple. Their New Water Boost Hydrating Booster is a lightweight, water based serum product that you can add to your exsisting serum or moisturiser to give it a boost. I usually use hydrating products anyway but have really enjoyed adding this in to give skin that little extra boost. A little goes a long way and really helps skin feel hydrated, soft and plump to the touch. In the evenings I've been really enjoying adding a drop or two of this in with the Botanics All Bright Serum so my skin gets that glow boost but also a good dose of hydration as well.

Facial oil is something I've always been a bit intimidated by but recently I've been dipping my toe into them, to discover they're not actually as intimidating as they sound. And one I've been loving in particular comes from Naturally Radiant. Their Moisturising Facial Oil contains a mixture of Mulberry and Kiwi extracts as well as Rosehip, Jojoba and Apricot Kernel Oil that work to soften and moisturise skin without leaving it feeling overly greasy or oily looking. And that's exactly why I've loved it. It's lightweight enough to feel like it's not clogging my pores or causing my skin to produce more oil but heavy duty enough to actually moisturise my skin, leaving it feeling plump, soft and hydrated.

There have been a few masks I've been loving this month. The first is one of the latest offerings from Loreal's Pure Clay Mask range. Their Blemish Rescue Mask contains Marine Algae and works to help decongest pores, draw out impurities as well as soothe any exsisiting blemishes. Whether it was due to stress, being run down or hormones but at the beginning of the month I had a massive break out along my chin and mouth. They weren't pretty and left me feeling very self concious until I tried this mask. Unlike the others this doesn't dry down completely so if you happen to leave it on for an extra few minutes it's not going to dry skin out. In fact it seems to help and after one use my blemishes whilst not gone did look a lot better and slowly disappeared a few days later and luckily didn't leave behind any marks.

And the other masks I've been loving this month are Garnier's New Moisture Bomb masks. The De-Tiring and Glow-Revitalising Masks have been exactly what my skin has been asking for this month. The De-Tiring mask contains Essential Lavender Oil which helps reduce the signs of fatigue within skin whilst the Glow-Revealing Mask contains Sakura Extract which helps bring out skin's radiant glow. And these sheet masks as a range are some of my favourites in general. They don't flap about or peel off as your wearing them, they fit nicely to the contours of my face and the serum in which the mask is soaked in actually works and leaves results that last longer than fifteen minutes after it's been removed.

The only base product I've been loving this month is one that I've featured in a favourites post beforehand but I couldn't resist including it again. You may remember when the Rosie For Autograph Sheer Finish Complexion Enhancer first came out as I talked non stop about it and then I moved onto other bases I had in my collection. Well my love for it has come round full circles again, especially during the more humid days we've experience this month. It's BB Cream/Tinted Moisturiser hybrid formula gives skin coverage but doesn't create a mask over skin and still allows skin to breathe underneath. And the coverage is fantastic, I suffer from redness and this conceals that in a completely looking natural way that doesn't look cakey or too much. This paired with some concealer, powder, mascara and a bold lip has been my go to look for the last month and I can see that it will continue to be my go to product for the forseeable future.

The only red lip I've been reaching for this month comes from Rimmel. Their new Stay Matte Liquid Lipstick in Firestarter has been the only red I've wanted to wear since I purchased this. It's not a true blue toned red but it's not an tomato red either, it just sits comfortable in between and looks stunning on so many skin tones. This has a mousse like texture when applied to the lips which you would assume would leave lips feeling thick and gloopy but in fact the texture when it dries down is very lightweight and you can almost forget you're wearing it. And it doesn't budge. Like seriously, I've eaten a greasy burger and fries followed by fudge cake and ice cream with this on and it doesn't budge. It does fade from the very inner part of the lips but every lipstick does that whether it is liquid or not but the main body of colour stays in place. If you want to see my full thoughts on this, check back on Wednesday when a full review of these will be live.

And my last favourite for the month is this Barry M Lip Kit. Now a permanent line in the brand, these lip kits are to die for. Containing a lip liner and a matching liquid lipstick, these kits are highly pigmented, long wearing and easy to work with. I have several now but the one I've been reaching for a lot this month is the shade Go To. Now normally the packaging is a good match to the product inside but with this one it's a bit more decieving. What looks like a pale nude that wouldn't suit my dark hair and pale complexion is actually more a of a chocolate brown with a hint of greige running through it. And it wears so well. The lip liner is opaque in the barest of touches and the liquid lipstick is lightweight and highly pigmented, drying down to a comfortable matte finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment