Friday 25 August 2017

Review: Loreal Paradise Extatic Mascara

When a brand releases a new mascara I'm normally not fussed whether I buy one or not. I'm happy with my favourites in the shape of the Loreal Miss Hippie and Maybelline Push Up Angel. However when I saw that Loreal were going to be releasing their new Paradise Mascara I knew I just had to snap one up.

Duped as better than Two Faced's Better Than Sex mascara, this new release looks extremely similar both packaging and brush wise. The Paradise mascara claims to have an ultra soft brush and Castor oil infused formula that gives lashes a boost as you wear it.

 The dense bristle packed barrel shaped brush distributes products evenly along the lashes and grips each one individually to give them a defined, lengthened and volumised look. One swipe of this brush gives even the straightest of lashes a lifted defined look and a second swipe will only increase the volume and definition, meaning you can easily build up a stunning lash look with very little work.

The formula is a lot wetter than other Loreal mascaras I've tried and it does have a tendency to smudge onto eyelids if you're a little slap happy with application. It's easily rectified but is slightly annoying if you're getting ready in a hurry. But once it dries on the lashes, it takes a good oil based eye make up remover to remove it and even then you may have to go in a couple times to really make sure it's all gone.

I really like this mascara. I have really stubborn lashes that don't like holding a curl no matter what mascara I use or how many times I curl them before application. However this require very little work or effort to give my lashes a volumised, defined look that actually stays in place all day long. The top picture is what my lashes look before any mascara and the bottom picture is what my lashes look like after just one coat of this mascara. I'm amazed at the difference it not only makes to my lashes but to the overall look of my eye. My eyes look bigger, defined and more awake, something that a lot of mascaras don't help with at all. And they stayed like that all day long whereas other mascaras would have drooped and dropped the curl within a couple of hours wear.

My only bug bear with this product is the price. At £11.99 a pop it seems a little steep for a drugstore/high street mascara. However price rises seems to be a theme throughout drugstore brands so I suppose I should have seen it coming. That being said though I wouldn't let the price discourage you from purchasing it. It's still cheaper than the Too Faced Better Than Sex and gives results which are very similar or even better than it. Whilst I don't like the price I'm not entirely against paying out for it because the results are brilliant and for a straight, stubborn lashed woman like myself it's a miracle worker. Definitely check it out when you're next at a Loreal stand, it's definitely one of the better beauty releases of the year.

1 comment:

  1. O this lovely I love the way you have gone about explaining about this mascara I love your review and blog I have a blog as well and I have just explained about this mascara as well check it out it's called lucyakaosblog, I am following yours asap it is amazing for sure

    ReplyDelete