Thursday 17 August 2017

Review: Simply Pure Leave On Water Mask

If there is a particular skincare product I can't get enough of it's face masks. I have tons from a variety of brands but am always on the lookout for the newest releases and concepts. And Superdrug have recently released one that no other high street brand has released yet.

The Simply Pure Leave On Water Mask is the first of it's kind from a budget friendly brand/own brand. Tapping into the water based trend that a lot of brands are, this leave on mask is packed full of Hyaluronic Acid, Pro-Vitamin B5, Soothex and Allatonin. Fragrance free, and hypoallergenic, this mask is perfect for those with dry, sensitive or reactive skins that don't work well with other run of the mill face masks.

The first thing to notice about this mask is that is quite runny in consistency. Left at the wrong angle, it'll be absolutely everywhere when you open it. However it's thinner consistency means that it spreads evenly over the skin but doesn't drip or slide everywhere. And once it's applied skin feels like it's been splashed by water. It instantly gives skin a hydration boost whilst simultaneously soothing and cooling skin. The Soothex and Allatonin work to soothe skin and help reduce irritation and the appearence of redness whilst the Hyaluronic Acid works deeper down to keep skin hydrated for longer. And the best bit of this mask containing Hyaluronic Acid is that anything moisturising that you apply over top will be held by the Hyaluronic Acid in your skin and released slower than usual over a longer period of time.

I wasn't quite sure what to make of this mask to begin with. It didn't seem to sink into skin as well as I expected it to. However I think that's because I applied too thick a layer to my skin. The second time round I was quite impressed with this mask. As soon as I applied it my skin felt like it had been splashed by water. The feeling as it soaked in was similar to the feeling of the Loreal Hydra Genius sinking in when I've used it. There was still quite a bit of residue on my skin after the ten minute allotted time period but instead of rubbing it or away I left it on just to see if it would do anymore for my skin.

And once it either sunk completely in or I wiped away any residue I found that this left mixed results. Whilst my skin did feel hydrated and stayed hydrated for longer, my skin looked oily and greasy to touch. It did sort of disappear as time went on which makes me think that I maybe again applied to much. I'm not sure if I'd recommend this mask, it's nice, it left skin feeling hydrated but it wasn't groundbreaking enough for me to be bowled over by it. If you have extremely sensitive/reactive skin that doesn't react well with other masks then I would say that this would be a good choice of mask for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment