Monday 14 August 2017

5 Products That Changed My Skin

As a blogger and self proclaimed skincare junkie I find myself trying new skincare products out regularly. Some of them work wonders on my skin and some of them are nice but don't show a drastic result. There have been five though that showed a brilliant change in my skin not only after the first use but also every use afterwards. And these products are the products I believe to be the ones that have helped give me good skin that I'm happy with.

 The first is a product that you've seen me talk about a lot on here and there's a very good reason for it. The Liz Earle Cleanse And Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser is one of a few cleansers that have changed how my skin looks and feels after cleansing. I could have featured a few in this post but went with the Cleanse and Polish because it was the one that showed such a dramatic change in my skin. I suffer from redness that before Cleanse and Polish was unmanageable. I always thought that my cleanser wouldn't affect my skin so much but I was wrong. Packed full of ingredients such as Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, Calendula and Chamomile this cleanser not only breaks down make up and daily grime but also soothes skin and gently exfoliates at the same time. I'm not sure what it is in this cleanser but not only does it give skin a brilliant cleanse, it also soothes my skin and reduces the look of any redness my skin may have. Not only has this product made me more comfortable in my bare skin but it's also helped how make up applies and how it looks as a finished look. I never understood the hype around this product but now I can see why it's one of the best selling cleansers on the market.

The next product I was recommended because I loved Cleanse and Polish so much and whilst it works brilliant alongside it, it also works amazingly with other cleansers as well. It's another Liz Earle product and is their Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer. This is packed with all the same ingredients as the Cleanse and Polish but essentially comes in a spray form. This is the perfect morning toning mist as it really invigorates skin and wakes it up whilst simultaneously soothing skin and reducing the appearance of redness or uneven skintone. A few spritzes of this in the morning after I've cleansed rejuvenates my skin as well as soothes it and helps take down any redness that has appeared overnight. And I can certainly tell when I haven't used this as my skin will look lacklustre and my redness will be apparent than normal. It doesn't hurt that it smells divine either.

I love a good acid based product. Pixi Glow Tonic, Nip and Fab pre soaked pads, anything that is packed full of AHA's or BHA's is right up my street. And Alpha H's Liquid Gold is exactly that kind of product. Packed with Glycolic Acid this toner has not only changed the look of my skin but the feel of it as well. It only took one use of this to dramatically reduce any texture I had along my jawline and chin. And ever since then it's only ever improved the feel of my skin with every use. I use this twice a week after cleansing as a toner and love how it retexturises, rejuvenates and invigorates my skin. It's not for those with very sensitive/reactive skin but if you're skin reacts well to acid and your skin is need of a bit of retexturising this will be right up your street.


A cream that I can't live without because it's results are so astounding comes from Garnier. Their Miracle Sleeping Cream is one I spent a while using and then forgetting about but everytime I did use it the results were instantaneous and now I can't go a night without slathering my face in this. This thick, nourishing cream contains Hyaluronic Acid and Lavender Essential Oil that works as you sleep to hydrate skin and remove any signs of fatigue, no matter how bad a nights sleep you have. And in the morning skin looks plump, revitalised and hydrated. It's a brilliant cream for nights before big events or if like me, you just like skin to look perkier in the morning. I've lost counts of how many pots of this I've gone through but I know I will continue to go through countless more until the results change and I'm not wowed anymore.

And the last product is another one that I didn't think would change my skin so dramatically but it did and I can't get enough of it. The B Essence Lotion seemed like a lot of faff when I first saw it in the shops but I picked one up purely out of intrigue. And I'm so glad I did. This is my go to product on days when nothing else is doing anything for my skin and I need to soothe and hydrate my skin without overloading it with product. Lightweight in texture, it's just a case of pressing it into the skin where it easily absorbs and gets to work straight away. A small amount of this is enough to hydrate my skin, soothe any irritation and reduce the appearance of redness. And without clogging the skin either, this paired with something like the Loreal Hydra Genius is a guaranteed good skin day and I always find myself reaching for this combination when I'm having a lacklustre skin day or my skin is feeling particularly hormonal.

No comments:

Post a Comment