Friday 4 August 2017

Review: Botanics Hydration Burst Dual Action Cleanser

When it comes to cleansers I'm always in the market for a new one. Sure I have tons I adore and use reguarly but I like to see what else the market, especially the high street has to offer. And just last month I found one from Botanics that I've been absolutely loving.

Their Hydration Burst Dual Action Cleanser is a two in one cleanser that gently yet effectively removes make up, dirt and grime whilst giving skin a hydration boost that most cleansers don't. Enriched with Clary Sage to soothe and hydrate skin, this gel to oil cleanser is perfect for those with dehydrated and sensitive skins.

The first thing I like about this cleanser is that it's thick. It's not one of those horribly runny cleansers that drips off your fingers before you've gotten it anywhere near your face, effectively wasting good product. And whilst it sounds like it would be hard to to cleanse skin with, it's not. A little bit of water and it transforms into a milky looking oil that breaks down make up quickly and effectively without drying the skin out. A warm flannel is enough to remove it and afterwards skin feels cleansed but not stripped and is still soft and supple to the touch.

The second thing I like about this cleanser is that it actually does what it says. It claims to effectively and gently remove make up without leaving skin feeling tight or irritated and that's exactly what it does. The consistency when you first apply it makes you think that it would be very heavy and pore clogging on the skin but that all changes when you add water and transform it into the oil. Then it becomes very lightweight on the skin and you can feel it breaking down any make up you have on without sitting pores, washing away easily with a warm flannel or muslin cloth.

Overall I love this cleanser, it works, it's gentle on my sometimes reactive skin and it has been one of the only cleansers I've reached for this past month. It's organic, budget friendly and can be picked up at your local Boots. If you have dehydrated, sensitive skin that struggles to find skin friendly cleansers then I highly recommend checking this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment