Monday 28 August 2017

Monthly Favourites: August

 

Usually I don't struggle to think of products that have been favourites this month but for August I'm really struggling.

The first thing I've been loving this month is from Simple. Their new Water Boost Micellar Water has changed my opinion on micellar waters after struggling to find one that works well with my skin. Packed full of hydrating plant extracts and minerals, this works to hydrate the skin whilst you cleanse and has left my skin feeling cleansed, refreshed and hydrated after every use. And my favourite part about this product is that it doesn't break me out. A lot of micellar waters break me out and cause those horrid under the skin spots that linger around for ages. This one doesn't do that and actually leaves my skin feeling clean where others have left what feels like a film over my skin which then makes it feel like the rest of my products aren't sinking into my skin.

This next product has been one product I can't get enough of and can't stop recommending it to everyone. The Naturally Radiant Glycolic Tonic is a 5% glycolic solution that tones skin and works to even out skin tone and texture. This reminds me an awful lot of the Pixi Glow Tonic, not only in formula but result wise as well. After just one use my skin felt rejuvenated, smoother to the touch and any uneven skintone was reduced. Perfect as a toner after cleansing, this tonic really refreshes the skin but doesn't dry it out or leave it feeling tight or irritated. A full review of this will be coming soon as I just can't keep how amazing this to myself.

An oldie but a goodie that I've been loving this month is the B Essence Lotion. This I use after cleansing and usually in place of a toner. It's lightweight consistency, hydrating formula not only gives my skin a hydration boost but also refreshes, rejuvenates and soothes my skin. I've been using this every evening as part of my evening skincare routine, to create a base before I layer my other products over top. And it works so well. After every use my skin looks even, soothed, softer to the touch and glowy. It also helps reduce the appearance of any redness I have which is usually my biggest skin bug bear. And as the colder months approach I can see myself using this even more to combat any dryness that seasonal changes could bring.

Make up wise this month I haven't really deviated from my usual favourites. Most of the month I've been wearing my Rosie For Autograph Sheer Finish Complexion Enhancer but on the days when I haven't been wearing that I've been reaching for another oldie but a goodie. Now if you've been reading my blog for the last couple of years you'll recognise this as a foundation I couldn't stop talking about in my very early blogging days. The Maxfactor Facefinity foundation is a buildable medium coverage foundation that covers imperfection without looking like a mask and still allows skin to breathe whilst giving it a luminous healthy glow. I've really enjoyed wearing this, this month as it's lightweight enough for the hotter days we've had but it still gives my skin great coverage. And it stays in place, it doesn't budge even when it's slightly humid and I've been running around like a headless chicken, it just stays in place. If it wasn't for the fact that I will be diving right back into my fuller coverage foundations as soon as September hits I'd have said this would have easily been featured in my next empties post.

A new make up release that I can't get enough of this month is the Loreal Paradise Mascara. Duped as being better then Too Faced's iconic Better Than Sex mascara, this mascara has really given my lashes a new lease of life. The tapered bristle brush gives my lashes an instant boost whenever I use this. Fanned out, volumised, lengthened and defined, this mascara does everything and more for my lashes. And it isn't just a quick boost, my lashes once it's applied stay in the same place all day long with no flaking, smudging or drooping at all. Check out my full review to see some before and after pictures.

The penultimate thing I've loved this month was going to the Zoo. I haven't been to the Zoo in years and wanted to do something more with my wages this month than just spend it on make up and skincare. So a couple of weekends ago me, my friend Lauren and her two children went down to Marwell Zoo. And it was amazing. We were so close to so many animals and saw so many beautiful animals that a lot of zoos don't have. My personal favourite was the Amur Leopard where we spent ages taking tons of pictures but being so close to Giraffes, Zebras, Wallabies and Cheetahs was amazing. I took so many pictures that day and even though it rained a couple of times, it didn't dampen the spirit of the day. Check out my Instagram to see some of my favourite pictures from the day.

 And my final favourite this month was one I very nearly forgot about and I don't know how I managed to do so. I went to see Atomic Blonde with Jasmin for her birthday and it was amazing. One of the best films I've seen this year, Charlize Theron killed it. She was such a badass, her wardrobe was phenomenal and the whole strong female lead made this an instant favourite for me. James Mcavoy and Sofia Boutella were brilliant supporting characters, I personally see great things in the horizon for Boutella. She was only a minor character but she had a presence about her on screen that not many up and coming actresses have. And then there was the soundtrack. It was phenomenal, I couldn't stop humming half the songs after we left the theater and actually have been listening to them on repeat on Spotify. If you haven't seen it and can still catch in cinemas then I highly recommend you do so. If you've missed it, buy it when it comes out on DVD, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment